Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Not sure about the math involved, but the Radeon card is the only new device (including home appliances) I've bought in the past year, so it becomes the defacto culprit, IMHO. While gaming in Windows I do boost my liquid cooling system to "Performance" mode, which I never did with the NVIDIA card. And I also use a custom Radeon curve that revs up the card's fans while gaming.. again, something I never did with the 1080. So maybe it's a combination of all 3 that's eating up the power. (Assuming the Radeon card isn't just malfunctioning, that is).

The 1080 is rated @180watts, the RX 5700xt @225 = +45 watts. 45 watts shouldn't be 15-20 dollars increase. Did the rates go up due to other reasons?

EVGA GTX 1080 SuperClocked probably has a higher TDP than reference GTX 1080.

EVGA GTX 1080 SuperClocked probably has a higher TDP than reference GTX 1080.
I never superclocked it (I wouldn't know how), unless it came that way when pre-installed by Power Computing. I do know the 5700XT runs much hotter than the 1080, which is why I had to investigate fan curves and Performance settings on my Corsair Hydro H100i when I made the GPU change.

I never superclocked it (I wouldn't know how), unless it came that way when pre-installed by Power Computing. I do know the 5700XT runs much hotter than the 1080, which is why I had to investigate fan curves and Performance settings on my Corsair Hydro H100i when I made the GPU change.

You don't have to do anything. EVGA did it for you. That's what the "SC" means in its name.

LOL. Oh. duh. Maybe that'll encourage somebody to buy it on eBay when I put it up for sale :)

Hi
Recently I bought an Asus Strix 5700XT with the hope that it works in my hack, I have Catalina 10.15.2, before I used an AMD 580 without problems, but I can't make my 5700 XT work. I see that everyone works, less for me. I always have a black screen no matter what port I use (HDMI, DisplayPort), I have tried WEG 1.3.4 (1.3.5 Also), agpdmod = pikera, without any result.
I have used SMBIOS iMacPro 1.1, iGPU disabled in bios, nothing seems to work.
Can someone help me, or share your EFI Folder to see what I am doing wrong.

hi.
how did you solve it?

Hi, guys. Really, I have no other idea to have a working 5700 XT on my rig.
I tried with HDMI, with DisplayPort, with or without agdp boot arg.
I tried 2 different GPUs, as rock challenger 5700 XT and PowerColor dual 5700 XT.
Nothing to do, I can't reach the desktop

Any idea here?
I tried even enabling or disabling above 4g decoding on BIOS.
I'm using iMacPro1,1 with iGPU disabled.
Everything was working with Vega 64 and with Radeon VII.
I'm running 10.15.2

edit: just added the verbose screen, here where it hangs
any idea?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    39.4 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1517.jpeg
    IMG_1517.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Solution found!
Do you want to know where the problem was?
BIOS? Motherboard? GPU brand? Clover version? kext?

None of these.
The issue was on the SMBIOS...latest firmware version of both iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 doesn't work.
Using posted version or prior version does work. The newer one doesn't work for me.

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-01-04 alle 14.30.13.png
    Schermata 2020-01-04 alle 14.30.13.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 233
Back