Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Have you run any benchmarks like Uningine Valley, Luxmark Ball or Geekbench? Does it show correctly there?
Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 12.06.02 AM.png

It doesn't show 5700 XT, Powercolor 5700XT Red Devil.
I'm on Catalina 10.15.1,
iMac19,1
with WEG 1.3.9, agdpmod=pikera

I just made it worst. I tried beta 2. After the update, Clover my macOS disk does not show up. Any way to save it without reformatting.

Got the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT. agdpmod=pikera WEG iGPU disabled and iMacPro1,1. Working good. One caveat: The fan is spinning up periodically (every few minutes) while on the Desktop and stops soon after. This is very annoying. Someone experiencing the same issue?

Got the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT. agdpmod=pikera WEG iGPU disabled and iMacPro1,1. Working good. One caveat: The fan is spinning up periodically (every few minutes) while on the Desktop and stops soon after. This is very annoying. Someone experiencing the same issue?

I have this card, and it does this both in Windows and macOS. So, it's a card thing and not a macOS thing. :p

I have this card, and it does this both in Windows and macOS. So, it's a card thing and not a macOS thing. :p

Hmm. I only thought this happens in macOS. Did not notice it under Windows. Maybe it's just a really bad designed fan curve. One can hope for a better VBIOS popping up maybe.

Srsly, how do you live with that? The fan spin up from rest is super LOUD, and there is nothing I can do about it. In Windows I can at prevent the fan from stopping completely using various tools (Wattman for example) to counter this problem. And I also guess that it is not healthy for the fans to spin up and down all the time.

Last edited:
I just received the RX 5700 XT. I'm using latest version of macOS Catalina 10.15.1 with Lilu, WhatEvergreen and agdpmod=pikera.
It works perfectly but comparing Geekbench results I get lower OpenCL score than my old Vega 64 Nitro+ (I didn't try Metal when I had it), which was overclocked with a Power Play Table.

Using Windows I'm going to search for the best clocks and voltages, then apply them with a Power Play Table in macOS :)

It works perfectly but comparing Geekbench results I get lower OpenCL score than my old Vega 64 Nitro+
I think its because is still early support for the card, or maybe this benchmark tools are getting old for new GPU.
I remember early Vega 64 support where the system crashed on any OpenCL test, this time looks better with Navi.

Anyway, here is a good first signs on how 5700XT perform, even better than Radeon IIV .

I think its because is still early support for the card, or maybe this benchmark tools are getting old for new GPU.
I remember early Vega 64 support where the system crashed on any OpenCL test, this time looks better with Navi.

Anyway, here is a good first signs on how 5700XT perform, even better than Radeon IIV .

Yes, it's not a bad start. I also really like how the fan sounds!

Do you know any trick in order to see the clock and temperature? I'm using VirtualSMC (with dependencies) but iStat Menu doesn't find it. Using the "old" command line, it also says 0 for every value..
Schermata 2019-11-15 alle 18.37.21.png

Everything seemed to work fine but now it started to slow down the entire system.. I'm getting tons of errorsSchermata 2019-11-15 alle 18.54.16.png

Last edited:
Back