Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Installed 10.15.2 beta 1. All my issues with freezing after sleep have been fixed, and the installer graphic glitch is fixed too using the pulse 5700 XT.

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
Installed 10.15.2 beta 1. All my issues with freezing after sleep have been fixed, and the installer graphic glitch is fixed too using the pulse 5700 XT.
glad to hear that, I also use the pulse 5700 XT, hope to use beta2

10.15.2 How did you create a beta USB disk? I couldn't find the download option anywhere. :(

You have to be enrolled as an Apple Developer and you have to install a profile on your Mac that interfaces with Software Update. As far as I know that's the only way to get the beta versions of MacOS -- there isn't a standalone downloadable beta version anywhere. So basically, install the latest released OS, sign up as an Apple Developer, install profile, and go from there.

You can use this script to download latest Public Beta available.

Attachments

• Downloader OSX LAST BETA installScript_1015fullapp.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 96
Hello,
does somebody know if it's possible to create and use a custom Power Play Table for the RX 5700 XT?
I need it in order to overclock the GPU.

Thank you :)

Hello,
does somebody know if it's possible to create and use a custom Power Play Table for the RX 5700 XT?
I need it in order to overclock the GPU.

Thank you :)

Yes, There is one by CMMChris at another site. Google it, please let us know how it works.

Yes, There is one by CMMChris at another site. Google it, please let us know how it works.

Thank you. I should receive the new GPU later next week. It's reference card by Gigabyte, with blower-style cooler.
I'll keep you updated :)

I know the feeling, I'd rebooted so many times with so many different configs and kexts I'd completely lost track of what I'd tried and what I hadn't - it can get a bit crazy.

Have you tried booting with the Lilu + WhateverGreen kexts installed and passing the agdpmod=pikera argument at boot?

This *might* help WhateverGreen enable your other monitors. For my particular card it has 1 HDMI and 3 DisplayPorts, it seems the HDMI port works but only one of the DisplayPorts so far. You can get DisplayPort -> DVI adapters cheaply on Amazon, it may just be a case of playing with combinations!

So I finally got around to doing OS updates today, to 10.15.1 then to the beta of 10.15.2. Both Lilu and WhateverGreen were installed during the upgrade process, and the boot arg was also enabled. I've just updated them to the latest (they were at 1.3.8 and 1.3.2), so that may or may not change anything. I do also have FakeSMC installed, that's all for the kexts in /EFI/. I do also have an ACPI patch installed, I can't remember what issue I was working around with that, but I think it was display related. A00A9353 54415301 with A00A910A FF0BFFFF.

Normally, BIOS thinks my right monitor is primary, so that's used for the initial boot, then OSX switches to the left halfway through. Win7 stays on the right for primary, but also activates the left and extends the desktop (per my configuration). During the upgrade process, OSX stayed on the right monitor and lit the left with no content (was bright black). After the 10.15.2 beta install, it's back to what it was before: right is black, left is primary.

Both monitors are connected to DisplayPort. The XFX card has 3 DP and 1 HDMI (which I haven't tried). The monitors are identical (the Costco 4k LG).

So I finally got around to doing OS updates today, to 10.15.1 then to the beta of 10.15.2. Both Lilu and WhateverGreen were installed during the upgrade process, and the boot arg was also enabled. I've just updated them to the latest (they were at 1.3.8 and 1.3.2), so that may or may not change anything. I do also have FakeSMC installed, that's all for the kexts in /EFI/. I do also have an ACPI patch installed, I can't remember what issue I was working around with that, but I think it was display related. A00A9353 54415301 with A00A910A FF0BFFFF.

Normally, BIOS thinks my right monitor is primary, so that's used for the initial boot, then OSX switches to the left halfway through. Win7 stays on the right for primary, but also activates the left and extends the desktop (per my configuration). During the upgrade process, OSX stayed on the right monitor and lit the left with no content (was bright black). After the 10.15.2 beta install, it's back to what it was before: right is black, left is primary.

Both monitors are connected to DisplayPort. The XFX card has 3 DP and 1 HDMI (which I haven't tried). The monitors are identical (the Costco 4k LG).

Mine is hooked to DisplayPort and HDMI and the latter shows up after boot. Try a hdmi adapter?

Back