Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Can I use my existing 14.2 serial number and SmUUID with the new iMac Pro definition, and still have iMessage, etc., work?

Can I use my existing 14.2 serial number and SmUUID with the new iMac Pro definition, and still have iMessage, etc., work?
No. Either use MultiBeast to just change the SysDef or Clover Configurator.

I'm sorry, I just need to clarify, are you saying to just modify my config.plist? Or, do I need to choose new definition and assign new serial number and Smuuid to match new definition I choose? (haven't altered my hack in a couple of years...I'm rusty on the details!)

after reading more...how can I be sure which definition will work on my old sandy bridge system. I’d like to get my new GPUs encoding/decoding working but there seems to be more to this...

Last edited:
I was able to get my XFX 5700XT installed last night I did have to use the agdpmod=pikera boot option with the weg. I left to 19.1 for Mac and booted up right away. I am going to test FPS and all shortly.

I've been following this thread to see which model I bought.
Is there any model of the 5700xt that works perfectly without errors in fcpx, adobe photoshop, illustrator and general use?

use cpu 7900x and smbios imacpro1,1

I'm interested in a model that yields as much as possible and is fresh in vrm and core

thanks

Anyone care to speculate whether Mojave 10.14.x will ever offer Navi support? Seems to me I read about that possibility somewhere on this site but now I can't find the thread...

Same here, Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Reference model. No glitches. Works without WEG as native device with 0.5.2 OpenCore.

Back