Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

here, same issue with dynamic wallpaper as described by other
Thank you. I was wondering if worth to pay extra bucks for the XT model.

Only DP port at the top of the graphics card and the HDMI port is having video outputs.

This is true on my Vega 56 and my Radeon VII too.
Without WhateverGreen, only one DisplayPort and one HDMI port work.
With WhateverGreen, all ports work.

Also, without WhateverGreen, DisplayPort/HDMI audio is unavailable regardless of whether or not AppleALC is installed.
With WhateverGreen, DisplayPort/HDMI audio is available regardless of whether or not AppleALC is installed.

Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700 XT working perfectly so far now, haven't had much chance to play yet.
But it's identified and showing on 1x HDMI and 2x DP
Using
WEG, agdpmod=pikera
using an older mac Pro system definition (late 2013), as using imacpro 19,1 and imac 18,2 etc. would only work on a single monitor

Got around 46k on Geekbench Metal

Isn't it always better to keep things as vanilla as possible? That's why I ditched my DP cable for an HDMI 2.0 - no additional kext required.

I finally got my 5700 XT to work after some struggle with the black screen issue.
I did not have Whatevergreen installed at all so at first I was a bit confused.
I upgraded to the latest Lilu (1.3.9) and Whatevergreen (1.3.4) release.
Booted with agdpmod=pikera
Now everything works fine, including hardware accelleration.
I also changed SMBIOS to iMac 18,2, but I don't know if that actually impacted anything.

I got the ”red stripes” issue, but by simply changing the wallpaper it went away.

I'm trying to set up OS X swith my 5700 XT. I get the screen glitches as on screenshot attached: the UI is shifted to the right and top. I can click things, but the click posiiton is mapped to its shifted UI positions (I click center, button gets highlighted to the top-right from the cursor).

I'm using the latest WEG and `agdpmod=pikera`. It also boots the same way without WEG. It shows black screen without `agdpmod=pikera`. Any advice please?

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpeg
    IMG_1992.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
I'm trying to set up OS X swith my 5700 XT. I get the screen glitches as on screenshot attached: the UI is shifted to the right and top. I can click things, but the click posiiton is mapped to its shifted UI positions (I click center, button gets highlighted to the top-right from the cursor).

I'm using the latest WEG and `agdpmod=pikera`. It also boots the same way without WEG. It shows black screen without `agdpmod=pikera`. Any advice please?

Had the same, use tab and space bar to complete the installation - if you can play around with your mouse, you should be able guess where the “next” button is, basically somewhere lower center of the screen. Lastly- I am not sure if you have the newest Clover bootloaders EFI files on your EFI folder. Make sure to copy them over before proceeding or else you will hit a roadblock on the final restart.

If you are using HDMI port, delete the WEG kext from your EFI folder, if you are using display port - stick to your current method using agdpmod=pikera.

Last edited:
@mythamp So if I finish the installation, should it work fine when installed OS X boots?

@mythamp So if I finish the installation, should it work fine when installed OS X boots?

Yeah - but make sure to have the latest EFI files. Extract it from the latest Clover Bootloader.tar.lzma using 7-zip.

Basically, keep a copy of your config.plist and just replace your existing EFI folder with the content of the EFI found on the extracted folder. Then place your config.plist back in.

Last edited:
Back