Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

We really need someone to test or report Final Cut Pro and Adobe.
Bench in an eGPU plugged to real Mac
The thunderbolt 3 seems (to me) a bootleneck.... (can someone confirm ?)
I'll buy a 5700XT and I'll post some Final Cut Pro X bench along the Radeon VII both in a PCI x16 Slot

This is normal for the updates. It usually reboots a few times. Try connecting to different displayports if you can. I have a similar image but if I connect two monitor with the right DisplayPort and hdmi combo the install screen shows up.
Thanks for your reply. Can I know if your computer's shutdown behavior is normal? For example, if you choose shutdown, does it go through the normal shutdown procedures, or hangs for a few seconds and powered off directly?

Can I know if you use WEG and which version, did you use agdpmod=pikera? and which port is the "right DisplayPort"?

Also, I am using the 5700xt 50th-anniversary edition. I'm not sure if this causes the instability problem. Can someone else using the anniversary edition confirm?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. Can I know if your computer's shutdown behavior is normal? For example, if you choose shutdown, does it go through the normal shutdown procedures, or hangs for a few seconds and powered off directly?

Can I know if you use WEG and which version, did you use agdpmod=pikera? and which port is the "right DisplayPort"?

Also, I am using the 5700xt 50th-anniversary edition. I'm not sure if this causes the instability problem. Can someone else using the anniversary edition confirm?

Shutdown hangs a bit then there is the scrolling verbose which is a normal part of the apfs format if -v is used as a boot argument.

Try different ports for DisplayPort.

Shutdown hangs a bit then there is the scrolling verbose which is a normal part of the apfs format if -v is used as a boot argument.

Try different ports for DisplayPort.

That's not the case for me. On my computer, after clicking on shutdown, the system hangs when the dock is partially disappeared, then suddenly it powers off. No texts being printed out.

I highly suspect that there's some problem with my card. Because I tried to boot with it to Windows. It functions normally for a while but at some point(30min-1hour), the whole system hangs. I am planning to request an RMA on that card.

Update: After removing all windows graphics drivers using DDU and re-installing the AMD driver, the card does not cause any problems in Windows 10.

Last edited:
IMG_20191031_132333.jpg

I trying to do the clean install. I have the same kind of problem after booting the installer with agpdmod=pikera. (If I don't use agpdmod=pikera the screen went completely black.) I already tried all the ports for DisplayPort. I'm using Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT.

I trying to do the clean install. And I have the same kind of problem after booting the installer with agpdmod=pikera. (If I don't use agpdmod=pikera the screen went completely black.) I already tried all the ports for displayport. I'm using Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT.

We have a pretty similar issue. Do you have any other graphics cards, eg Nvidia cards? If you do, you can try to install the system with that card. After the installation is complete, you can try to swap the card to the AMD one and boot into the system. I can use this method to enter the new system.

But after a few minutes(5-30), some minor glitch may happen (cursor may glitch). After that, the whole system just hangs.

My graphics card is a 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition.

I am having the same problem when I want to do a clean installation.
I have the Saphire 5700XT Nitro. I use the agpdmod = pikera command and I've tried other displayport results.

View attachment 433624
I trying to do the clean install. And I have the same kind of problem after booting the installer with agpdmod=pikera. (If I don't use agpdmod=pikera the screen went completely black.) I already tried all the ports for displayport. I'm using Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT.

I am having the same problem when I want to do a clean installation.
I have the Saphire 5700XT Nitro. I use the agpdmod = pikera command and I've tried other displayport results.

Did you completely disable the IGPU?

Back