Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Anyone updated yet? Is the Navi drivers still in this version?

Ok so with final I have the same issue any one else with pulse 5700xt having “dumpgpurestart” in there system log after waking up from sleep and using netflix or videoproc or anything related to h264 / hevc

It seems to have completely b0rked my machine, boots to a weird white/gray screen, gets an IP from DHCP (despite being set to fixed IP) and I can't get into it remotely.

Will have to play around with it more later, but I'm not sure what's gone wrong yet! :(

I've no idea what's happening with this machine, I left it this morning unbooted and I thought turned off - but came home to it this evening sat on the login screen and working fine. Absolutely no idea what's going on with it, still running 10.15.1 Beta (19B86a) at the moment. It's like that update rolled itself back and self-healed, I've no idea :)

I've no idea what's happening with this machine, I left it this morning unbooted and I thought turned off - but came home to it this evening sat on the login screen and working fine. Absolutely no idea what's going on with it, still running 10.15.1 Beta (19B86a) at the moment. It's like that update rolled itself back and self-healed, I've no idea :)

I remember with my AMD 5870 I would have to sometimes kick it into power saver mode and wake before it would display.

Did anyone try to install Catalina with 5700XT installed? On my computer, it is glitching strangely. I tried with or without whatevergreen(1.3.3 & 1.3.4), lilu is v1.3.8. The model is iMacPro1,1.
BTW the big white box is the mouse. It appears that the screen is shifted to the upper left so lots of contents are lost, with some part of the installation window appears at the right side of the screen.
IMG_5744.jpeg

Also, does anyone know why the boot log says: "systemWillShutdown"? This does not seem normal to me. What does everyone's computer behave when performing shutdown? Does it go through the normal shutdown sequence? Or it just hangs for a few seconds and suddenly the computer turns off.

Thanks.

I was able to upgrade with my XFX Rx 5700 installed. I had a similar glitch during the install phase but once completed its working perfectly.

Did anyone try to install Catalina with 5700XT installed? On my computer, it is glitching strangely. I tried with or without whatevergreen(1.3.3 & 1.3.4), lilu is v1.3.8. The model is iMacPro1,1.
BTW the big white box is the mouse. It appears that the screen is shifted to the upper left so lots of contents are lost, with some part of the installation window appears at the right side of the screen.
View attachment 433468

Also, does anyone know why the boot log says: "systemWillShutdown"? This does not seem normal to me. What does everyone's computer behave when performing shutdown? Does it go through the normal shutdown sequence? Or it just hangs for a few seconds and suddenly the computer turns off.

Thanks.

This is normal for the updates. It usually reboots a few times. Try connecting to different displayports if you can. I have a similar image but if I connect two monitor with the right DisplayPort and hdmi combo the install screen shows up.

Back