Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Updating to beta worked, added boot parameter, disabled IGPU and put in the 5700. Flawless boot, and with the SMBIOS changed from 14,2 to iMacPro HEVC works too.

Thanks again for the help! Benchmark below (this is the Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 (not the XT version).

Edit: Unlike my NVIDIA 1060, the 5700 is now also recognized by Adobe software (in this case Lightroom Classic), see screen shot below!

Screenshot of Lightroom Classic (2019-10-27 11-09-08).png

Screenshot of LuxMark (2019-10-27 9-51-32).png
Screenshot_2019-10-27 iMacPro1,1 - Geekbench Browser.png

Last edited:
Anyone has a Gigabyte version of 5700 XT? Will all the brands work fine? I remember there was an issue with Sapphire card before so I’m asking because I might buy a 5700 XT next week.

Anyone has a Gigabyte version of 5700 XT? Will all the brands work fine? I remember there was an issue with Sapphire card before so I’m asking because I might buy a 5700 XT next week.
In my opinion it shouldn't make a difference. The chip is the same on all cards. Maybe some vendor-freaky thinks won't work like RGB-LED or if they put some non-standard outputs on it.

Did anyone tried and managed to get Audio working out of the HDMI?
Every time I select it in my audio settings the whole system freeze until I pull out the HDMI cable. DP Audio works fine.

Yes a Gigabyte Gaming 5700XT.
The only brand I haven’t heard confirmation on is the Asrock. Anyone have one running?

Does anyone know if you have to change the SMBIOS from iMac 14,2? I have a Sandy Bridge system (Asus P8P67 Pro). so I'm disinclined to change it unless I have to. (I think the last time I changed it to MacPro, it disabled speed states.)

Does anyone know if you have to change the SMBIOS from iMac 14,2? I have a Sandy Bridge system (Asus P8P67 Pro). so I'm disinclined to change it unless I have to. (I think the last time I changed it to MacPro, it disabled speed states.)

Give it a go. The main reason is to allow H264, H265 encoding/decoding but if you’re not rendering video it may be fine.

Update: I just tested with MacPro 6.1 and iMac 14.2 all works OK.

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 10.38.15 AM.png

Last edited:
I plan to buy a video card Sapphire AMD RX 5700 XT Pulse the other day. Was there any problem with it work on macOS?

ASUS TUF 3-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING

Works good on Catalina beta 15.1 version 3.
IGPU off, WEG (version: 1.3.4), LILU (version 1.3.9) boot arguments "agdpmod=pikera", Display Port 144 Hz.

Back