Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Installed my 5700 XT Red Devil yesterday. Everything is smooth except a few small glitches in Google Chrome when it's rendering a page. Anyone can confirm the same glitches?

No glitches on reference RX 5700 XT from Gigabyte. I don't use WhateverGreen kext.

System definition? iMacPro has no iGPU and no T2 chip for decoding; it seems to work for most. MacPro 5.1 or 6.1 may also work.

Hi, I changed my System definition from iMac18,2 to iMacPro1,1 to get HEVC and H264 working.
I work currently with the WEG and the "agdpmod=pikera" due to the not working DP problem.

HEVC and H264 are working now, but now my front USB3 Ports are not working anymore. Any Ideas?

Hi, I changed my System definition from iMac18,2 to iMacPro1,1 to get HEVC and H264 working.
I work currently with the WEG and the "agdpmod=pikera" due to the not working DP problem.

HEVC and H264 are working now, but now my front USB3 Ports are not working anymore. Any Ideas?
How did you check the operation of HEVC and H264?

Installed my 5700 XT red devil yesterday. Everything is smooth except a few small glitches in Google Chrome when it's rendering a page. Anyone can confirm the same glitches?
I encountered similar problems when I switched from Vega 64 to the integrated Intel Core i9 graphics. Just clear all the data (cache, etc.) of the Chrome browser, for example through CleanMyMac or another program. After such actions and rebooting, my problem was resolved.

Can anyone confirm that it's necessary to switch from iMac18,3 to iMacPro1,1 when using the 5700xt and Catalina. And do you keep PEG and IGPU enabled, PEG as Primary, with a headless clover configuration?

Currently I have an rx 580 and mojave setup in a headless configuration working fine, but very intersted in upgrading to the 5700xt for better FCPX performance.

Cheers

Can anyone confirm that it's necessary to switch from iMac18,3 to iMacPro1,1 when using the 5700xt and Catalina. And do you keep PEG and IGPU enabled, PEG as Primary, with a headless clover configuration?

Currently I have an rx 580 and mojave setup in a headless configuration working fine, but very intersted in upgrading to the 5700xt for better FCPX performance.

Cheers

I have tried it with an Asus ROG Strix 5700 XT and a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64, and I had to disable PEG/IGPU for both to work with Catalina. Also, I was having issues with performance on 18,3 with both (mainly the fact that I couldn't get hardware encoding to work with 18,3, so I switched to iMacPro1,1 and everything is working better now and I have hardware encoding now!

I have tried it with an Asus ROG Strix 5700 XT and a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64, and I had to disable PEG/IGPU for both to work with Catalina. Also, I was having issues with performance on 18,3 with both (mainly the fact that I couldn't get hardware encoding to work with 18,3, so I switched to iMacPro1,1 and everything is working better now and I have hardware encoding now!

Cool thanks for the reply @Kylex427

So if I understand correctly, you still have PEG enabled in BIOS but had to disable the IGPU? Are you also using WEG kext and the agdpmod=pikera mod in your config file?

And curious what GPU where you using in Mojave, and have you noticed significant performance gains.

Cheers

Cool thanks for the reply @Kylex427

So if I understand correctly, you still have PEG enabled in BIOS but had to disable the IGPU? Are you also using WEG kext and the agdpmod=pikera mod in your config file?

And curious what GPU where you using in Mojave, and have you noticed significant performance gains.

Cheers

I haven't tried it with PEG enabled, but I can try it tomorrow for you. I definitely have to have iGPU disabled though. It won't boot at all with iGPU enabled. Also, I cannot use WEG for whatever reason (pun intended). I can't even use it with agdpmod=pikera, unfortunately.

In Mojave, I always used an Asus ROG Strix Vega 64.

-Kyle

Back