Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

After installing my new Sapphire Pulse 5700XT, my Hackintosh wouldn't boot. When I power-on, not even the UEFI logo appears on my monitor, let alone any chance for me to enter the BIOS settings. I subsequently removed the Sapphire card leaving nothing in the PCIe slot and tried connecting the monitor directly to iGPU HDMI, but still no response onscreen when I power-on. BTW, my last setting in Bios was iGPU enabled and set as Primary Display.
So... does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try? Thanks in advance :)

So... does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try? Thanks in advance :)

Google reset CMOS.

For starters you could turn off the power to the PC and hold the start button down for 10-15 seconds. However, default reset should be PCIE or PEG as display output. Stick the card back in in case you do get signal from it. Check both the mobo and card outputs.

Google reset cmos.

For starters you could turn off the power to the PC and hold the start button down for 10-15 seconds. However default reset should be PCIE or PEG as display output. Stick the card back in in case you do get signal from it. Check both the mobo and card outputs.
With the Sapphire removed I did get access to the battery last eve, which I pulled and left out for about 5 minutes before putting back in. No luck after, tho. I'll try reinstalling the Sapphire when I get home tonight and also try the jumper method of CMOS reset which I see mentioned in my mobo guide. Natch, without access to Bios, though, I won't be able to select PEG as primary but I do think my mobo's default is "Auto," which might be better than the "IGFX" I had it set to previously.

This is my first post (on this account and after many years) and I hope I do give the proper information needed.
After years of not owning a hackintosh I recently decided to buy a RX5700, wait until it's supported in OS X and start building one again. I did initially set up the machine on 10.15 GM using OpenCore with the IGPU enabled and everything worked fine, except iMessage (which is a different story obviously).

I then updated to the latest 10.15.1 Beta (19B77a), disabled the IGPU and WEG.
Everything is working except:
- iMessage (like before)
- Netflix in Safari only occasionally works (probably due to me using a DVI monitor with a HDMI to DVI adapter as a second monitor), chrome works fine though
- An occasional crash that I believe is related to the GPU and only happens after a few (5-30) minutes of inactivity

Configured as iMacPro1,1

I think your problem is the iMacPro1,1 definition, try an iMac definition instead.

I'm currently booting with iMac19,2 and everything seems to be working great.

Happy :)

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC

Whatevergreen + bootlag agdpmod=pikera

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-22 um 18.16.39.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-22 um 18.16.39.png
    492.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-22 um 17.59.47.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-22 um 17.59.47.png
    448.4 KB · Views: 242
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-22 um 18.15.19.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-22 um 18.15.19.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 226
Can someone help me with a quick test.

So, when I reboot my computer, it micro lags Netflix doesn't work. (Sound and subtitles but no Video.) No HEVC, either. But, if I put it to sleep completely and wake it up, the micro lag is gone and Netflix works but still no HEVC (videoProc). I'm thinking about a clean install to see if it fixes my problem. I'm not using WEG. If anyone can test if Netflix works on reboot without sleep and has HEVC out of the box.

Can someone help me with a quick test.

So, when I reboot my computer, it micro lags Netflix doesn't work. (Sound and subtitles but no Video.) No HEVC, either. But, if I put it to sleep completely and wake it up, the micro lag is gone and Netflix works but still no HEVC (videoProc). I'm thinking about a clean install to see if it fixes my problem. I'm not using WEG. If anyone can test if Netflix works on reboot without sleep and has HEVC out of the box.

System definition? iMacPro has no iGPU and no T2 chip for decoding; it seems to work for most. MacPro 5.1 or 6.1 may also work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back