Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

How can you see it is detected if you have black screen? Could you please provide more details? Thanks.
maybe the monitor is driven by igpu or he/she has more than one dgpu i guess

How can you see it is detected if you have black screen? Could you please provide more details? Thanks.

I boot with monitor connected to UHD630 , see the 2 graphics cards, and the status of kexts loaded.
In last betas, 5700 was only VESA support, no metal and no kext

Hmm, i've tried to do the same with my reference RX 5700 XT but it still appears as generic VGA (VESA) card without any kext loaded...

I boot with monitor connected to UHD630 , see the 2 graphics cards, and the status of kexts loaded.
In last betas, 5700 was only VESA support, no metal and no kext

Could you please provide a screenshot?

It is described in system properties as AMD Radeon 5700, details show Metal support, and a related kext is loaded. Maybe some kext related configuration changes needed, but i am optimistic to get it working soon.

Take some screenshots and post them.

I’ll test this one MSI Evoke.

Powercolor Red Dragon doesn’t work in beta 8 with and without plist edits. Same with the MSI.

466B887B-0B8D-4461-854F-DC501F26BEDB.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 9.11.59 PM.png

The latest clover 5070 has the card labeled as 5700XT but using inject gives you 5700.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 9.25.35 PM.png

Last edited:
Beta 8 recognized my Navi 5700 XT Custom Model, so final will probably do so, too.

Only problem is, i can't make it displaying anything with my iMacPro1,1 System definition and WhatEvergreen 1.3.2 kext.
I tried Display Ports and HDMI. No Luck. Black Screen.

I'll be watching this thread with interest! I (stupidly) purchased only a 4gig RX580 when I built my Hackintosh and even for 1080p gaming it's really not enough - an upgrade to the 5700XT and 8gig seems like a good option for me right now :)

XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT arrives today (thanks Amazon), so I'll have a go at updating to Catalina later and see how I get on :)

I'll be mostly using it in Windows for gaming, but I'm pretty confident this will be supported in Catalina...

Well this isn't a bad start, certainly better than expected... the card is at least giving me video output in Catalina, even though it's not loading a kext for it and isn't accelerated.

Have literally only just installed it and haven't played around yet, but I at least have usable video without having to swap the cards around :)
1569265881875.png

Attachments

• 1569265789371.png
    1569265789371.png
    294.6 KB · Views: 77
Well this isn't a bad start, certainly better than expected... the card is at least giving me video output in Catalina, even though it's not loading a kext for it and isn't accelerated.

Have literally only just installed it and haven't played around yet, but I at least have usable video without having to swap the cards around :)
View attachment 427148
What version of beta?

Back