Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

They moved the Navi into the AMDRadeon5000HWserviceskext.
5000, 5100, 5400, and 5700 HWLibskexts have Navi.

HW5000kext.png

These all contain Navi10, and now Navi14

Navi 14.png

But nowhere is found Navi9, Navi12, Navi16?

@Gigamax,

Will wait for your report on Navi 5700 XT with great interest ...

Will be very interesting to see how it stacks up against Vega 56 and Vega 64.

Cheers
Jay

@Gigamax,

Will wait for your report on Navi 5700 XT with great interest ...

Will be very interesting to see how it stacks up against Vega 56 and Vega 64.

Cheers
Jay

Initial testing in Catalina is a bust, edited info.plists of vega10,12,20 in 10000controllerkext and 5000kext. I noticed the HWserviceskext removed the HW5700kext.

On to Mojave early beta will try using the 6000HWservices kext. Maybe the read only kexts are preventing spoofing?

5700XT has ID 0x731F1002, 0x73101002 must be the 5700 model.

Early days yet ... but safe to assume Apple has had prototype/pre-production cards for some time now so I expect that next Mojave and Catalina beta will have initial support for 5700 / 5700 XT release models.

Clover/WEG should patch kext once loaded in memory so i doubt a read only issue.

I guess you could try changing the ID's in 6000HWservices kext ....

Good luck
Jay

I was about to buy Radeon VII and after I see this post, I cancelled my order. If I buy 5700 XT, will it work natively with my Mojave now? Or after a time natively? I just trying to figure out this and decide to buy it now.

I was about to buy Radeon VII and after I see this post, I cancelled my order. If I buy 5700 XT, will it work natively with my Mojave now? Or after a time natively? I just trying to figure out this and decide to buy it now.

See post #15 (two posts above yours).

It will take some time to find out how well these cards work, what perhaps doesn't work and what needs to be done to make them work. At this stage in the game there isn't native support, so I wouldn't buy unless you are willing and able to test for possibly weeks or months. You may be better served for some time using existing Radeon VII, Vega or RX cards that will function in your build right now.

Existing Vega support was s-l-o-w in arriving, but matured reasonably quickly at least in an OS operating system timeline.

Don't buy a paperweight if you want working discrete graphics.

Back