Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Today came out 9 beta. Try after update please

Yup, looks like I'm on Beta 8 still:

19A573a = Beta 9
19A558d = Beta 8

What version of beta?

Latest is 8 and it’s the same. The encouraging news is Apple has little bits of the code for Navi 10, 12, 14, and 21. Which is the same as the latest Linux code.

Today came out 9 beta. Try after update please

I’ve been checking every day for this thanks.

Nope, still no support.

I poked around the Kexts and there still isn’t any Navi code in the 10000controller or 5000 Kexts.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.41.12 PM.png

Last edited:
I’ve been checking every day for this thanks.

Nope, still no support.

I poked around the Kexts and there still isn’t any Navi code in the 10000controller or 5000 Kexts.

You beat me to it, but same result here - it would be very unlikely for them to release new drivers so late in the beta program though, surely?

1569319127139.png

You beat me to it, but same result here - it would be very unlikely for them to release new drivers so late in the beta program though, surely?

View attachment 427227

Now to wait another 2 weeks or so.

There’s speculation that they won’t release them until the new Mac Pro comes out. Let’s hope not. Seeing as how AMD is phasing out the Polaris series they should be coming soon.

Now to wait another 2 weeks or so.

There’s speculation that they won’t release them until the new Mac Pro comes out. Let’s hope not. Seeing as how AMD is phasing out the Polaris series they should be coming soon.

Combine that with the report that came out yesterday that "The new Mac pro will be made in the USA"... which means it's not being made yet.

Back