Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Hi,

First big thanks to everyone for the hardwork and testing. @mattystonnie @ModMike and the others!!!!!
I leave this message to give a feedback:

Here is what I tested:

-CLOVER: Changing Framebuffer of RX 5700 XT via "injection": adding device properties in config.plist via Clover Configurator, adding my personal device path (found on Hackintool/PCIe):
  • I must keep agdp=pikera in boot arg because without I get the infamous black screen at boot. So I think I have to keep WEG too (I admit I didn't try without WEG). So I keep WEG, agdp=pikera but no need of ATIinject.
  • IKAHEKA: using it leads to no changes at all in Geekbench 5 test, openCL / Metal (around 54000/49000)
  • ADDER: huge improvements, Geekbench 5 test OpennCL / Metal (around 70000/75500)!!!!

-CLOVER: Changing Framebuffer of RX 5700 XT via using SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml (see post #740). So I removed everything in the "device properties" (device pci path and all the properties).
  • Again, I must keep agdp=pikera in boot arg because without I get the infamous black screen at boot. So I think I have to keep WEG too (I admit I didn't try without WEG). So I keep WEG, agdp=pikera but no need of ATIinject.
  • I dragged the SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml absolutely untouched (I didn't replace ioreg/device path, don't know if it would make a difference???, and above all don't know how to do it :D): exact same huge range of improvements in geekbench 5 test OpennCL / Metal (around 70000/75500)!!!!

-For both techniques I get too the "AMD Radeon HD GFX10 Family Unknown Prototype" in geekbench 5 and Davinci Resolve 16 but in "about this mac / system report" I get the " Radeon RX 5700 XT".

-So I use Macpro 7.1 (yes I know with my quite old hardware), I get graphic acceleration (h264/hevc, tested with VideoProc), Sidecar, DRM working (amazon prime test on Safari), and now huge metal/opencl improvements:clap::headbang::clap::headbang::mrgreen:
-I can put the Hackintosh to sleep and waking it up by touching mouse or keyboard but I get a a blackscreen and must reset it...

So again thanks a lot everyone!!!:clap::thumbup::clap::thumbup:
Don't hesitate if you have question, comment or remark!!!

Last edited:
Try the following:

Thanks for the help, I was able to make my own version and the fans stopped. Kamarang was the key, no idea why it didn't boot when I tried in Clover. Works perfect in Opencore, file attached for anyone who wants it. I appened a K on the end to identify the framebuffer.

Would be curious to hear if other Vega-64 users have the same issue and if this fixes it.

Attachments

• SSDT-VEGA-64K.aml
    460 bytes · Views: 100
Thanks for the help, I was able to make my own version and the fans stopped. Kamarang was the key, no idea why it didn't boot when I tried in Clover. Works perfect in Opencore, file attached for anyone who wants it. I appened a K on the end to identify the framebuffer.

Would be curious to hear if other Vega-64 users have the same issue and if this fixes it.

Sorry for the delay, just got here.

This one is with the Kamarang frambuffer also I did add low power and fan speed.

Test if you want.

Attachments

• SSDT-VEGA-64.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 109
Hi,

First big thanks to everyone for the hardwork and testing. @mattystonnie @ModMike and the others!!!!!
I leave this message to give a feedback:

Here is what I tested:

-CLOVER: Changing Framebuffer of RX 5700 XT via "injection": adding device properties in config.plist via Clover Configurator, adding my personal device path (found on Hackintool/PCIe):
  • I must keep agdp=pikera in boot arg because without I get the infamous black screen at boot. So I think I have to keep WEG too (I admit I didn't try without WEG). So I keep WEG, agdp=pikera but no need of ATIinject.
  • IKAHEKA: using it leads to no changes at all in Geekbench 5 test, openCL / Metal (around 54000/49000)
  • ADDER: huge improvements, Geekbench 5 test OpennCL / Metal (around 70000/75500)!!!!

-CLOVER: Changing Framebuffer of RX 5700 XT via using SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml (see post #740). So I removed everything in the "device properties" (device pci path and all the properties).
  • Again, I must keep agdp=pikera in boot arg because without I get the infamous black screen at boot. So I think I have to keep WEG too (I admit I didn't try without WEG). So I keep WEG, agdp=pikera but no need of ATIinject.
  • I dragged the SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml absolutely untouched (I didn't replace ioreg/device path, don't know if it would make a difference???, and above all don't know how to do it :D): exact same huge range of improvements in geekbench 5 test OpennCL / Metal (around 70000/75500)!!!!

-For both techniques I get too the "AMD Radeon HD GFX10 Family Unknown Prototype" in geekbench 5 and Davinci Resolve 16 but in "about this mac / system report" I get the " Radeon RX 5700 XT".

-So I use Macpro 7.1 (yes I know with my quite old hardware), I get graphic acceleration (h264/hevc, tested with VideoProc), Sidecar, DRM working (amazon prime test on Safari), and now huge metal/opencl improvements:clap::headbang::clap::headbang::mrgreen:
-I can put the Hackintosh to sleep and waking it up by touching mouse or keyboard but I get a a blackscreen and must reset it...

So again thanks a lot everyone!!!:clap::thumbup::clap::thumbup:
Don't hesitate if you have question, comment or remark!!!

Ioregistry copy and post here.

This one is with the Kamarang frambuffer also I did add low power and fan speed.

Test if you want.

Dude, I can't believe you're apologizing for the day. I am just stoked you are helping out!

Thanks!

Test if you want.

Your Vega 64 SSDT and does what mine does. It seems that once the fans start, they won't shut off. My fans were off nearly 99% of the time during the day. Now they will drop to 700 rpm but never shut off. Is there a way to adjust that?

Dude, I can't believe you're apologizing for the day. I am just stoked you are helping out!

Thanks!
Your Vega 64 SSDT and does what mine does. It seems that once the fans start, they won't shut off. My fans were off nearly 99% of the time during the day. Now they will drop to 700 rpm but never shut off. Is there a way to adjust that?

Do a performance test again with that ssdt. I will look into fans settings.

Quick geekbench, should be better.

Back