- Mar 28, 2011
- Asus Tuf X299 Mark 1
- RX 5700 XT
- Mobile Phone
If update to 10.15.2 beta 4 i keep weg and lilu , Does it work or do modifications have to be made?
Another Round :
Hardware and Software
All the tests use DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.1.1
The Project is a Simple Timeline with 3 BRAW (4.6K) heavily graded
The results are in “fps” (frame per second)
With the Dual GPUs, only one is used for compute with Resolve and the other is only for GUI
- Imac 2019 – Core i9 8 cores 3.6 Ghz – RAM 64 GB – Pro Vega 48 8GB
- Hack X299 – Core i9 12 cores 2.9 Ghz – RAM 32 GB – RX 5700XT 8GB
- Hack X299 – Core i9 12 cores 2.9 Ghz – RAM 32 GB – RX 5700XT 8GB & GT 710 2GB
- Hack X299 – Core i9 12 cores 2.9 Ghz – RAM 32 GB – GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
- Hack X299 – Core i9 12 cores 2.9 Ghz – RAM 32 GB – GTX 1080 Ti 11GB & GT 710 2GB
The Test Results
View attachment 436749What I learned
Hope this helps
- The Old and Expensive (more than 800€ a year and half ago) GTX 1080 Ti is the best with FHD timeline
- The Very expensive (RX 580X + 540€) Vega Pro 48 is almost as powerful as the RX 5700 XT
- The RX 5700 XT (450€) is the best for UHD timeline
- For AMD GPU, the GUI has a small impact on performances
- There is something definitely wrong the NVIDIA web driver ➧ You need a dedicated GPU for the GUI
During all tests, may be once, I have had the situation with 1080 ti (no display connected). It's not a problem to start the MacOS under Catalina.Are you able to keep your Nvidia card installed while using AMD for graphics?
This would be extremely interesting to me. I would like to have an Nvidia card exclusively for its CUDA and tensor cores, for computing power. I do not need the card to display anything nor accelerate video (which I know it can't, after High Sierra). I was under the impression that people who had a dual OS system had to physically disable Nvidia cards when booting into Mac OS to avoid errors.
I installed my new 5700 xt. Updated to Catalina seemed to go well beside from some black screens,
Just before the update I did the mistake of removing the Whatevergreen kext from the kexts->Other folder on EFI partition. Now I get black screen at the end of the Apple logo loading screen.
Is it possible to add the Whatevergreen.kext to EFI partition whiteout being able to get into/see OSX?
I did update the lilu before update.
I have tried the boot arg agdpmod=pikera and also switching between displayports and HDM
Thanks. Got me one step further.Boot from USB flash drive.
Thanks. Got me one step further.
So now im booted from Catalina Install USB but my screen gets odd resolution and glitched out where I can't really see what im doing or actually get to launch EFI mounter. Tried HDMI and Display port and 3 different monitors with no luck. Any suggestion where to go from here?