Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Mine is hooked to DisplayPort and HDMI and the latter shows up after boot. Try a hdmi adapter?
Well, the monitor has 2xHDMI and 1xDP so no need for an adapter. I plugged it in and no signal on the HDMI, but I didn't reboot yet either. I'll try that after a few more updates finish downloading.

Edit: No change rebooting after switching the right monitor to HDMI. BIOS sees the left (now only DP monitor) as primary instead, no switch on boot like before, but still only one active monitor. System report shows only one display. I wonder if it could be the iMac18,1 definition? That's my last idea, but that's not a trivial change.

Last edited:
Well, the monitor has 2xHDMI and 1xDP so no need for an adapter. I plugged it in and no signal on the HDMI, but I didn't reboot yet either. I'll try that after a few more updates finish downloading.

Edit: No change rebooting after switching the right monitor to HDMI. BIOS sees the left (now only DP monitor) as primary instead, no switch on boot like before, but still only one active monitor. System report shows only one display. I wonder if it could be the iMac18,1 definition? That's my last idea, but that's not a trivial change.

I’m using iMacPro 1.1

WEG and agdpmod=pikera

I just bought the Sapphire Nitro + 5700XT. It will arrive in 2 days. I will upgrade to Catalina macOS with my old GTX 980 Ti with nv_disable, and then I will change the graphics card. I hope everything goes well. I will tell you in a few days. Thanks to the people of the forum for the information.

My Nitro + Sapphire is working for the moment, perfect for DP. Acceleration is on in videoproc.

I’m using iMacPro 1.1

WEG and agdpmod=pikera

Last edited:
New MacBook Pro 16" geekbench 5 result:

MacBookPro16,1
OpenCL Score
Geekbench 5.0.4 Tryout for macOS x86 (64-bit)
Result Information
Upload Date November 12 2019 09:07 PM
Views 4168

System Information
System Information
Operating System macOS 10.15.1 (Build 19B2093)
Model MacBookPro16,1
Motherboard Apple Inc. Mac-E1008331FDC96864 MacBookPro16,1

Processor Information
Name Intel Core i9-9980HK
Topology 1 Processor, 8 Cores, 16 Threads
Identifier GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13
Base Frequency 2.40 GHz

Size 32768 MB
Frequency 1333 MHz
Type DDR4
Memory Information

OpenCL Information
Platform Vendor Apple
Platform Name Apple
Device Vendor AMD
Device Name ATI Radeon Pro 5500M Compute Engine
Compute Units 24
Maximum Frequency 95.0 MHz
Device Memory 7.98 GB

Captura de pantalla 2019-11-13 a las 15.15.46.png
Captura de pantalla 2019-11-14 a las 14.00.15.png

First bench in Catalina 10.15.1 using Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT primary BIOS.

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 9.10.06 PM.png

My 5700 XT is showing as Vega 56, is there any settings I must change?

My Clover boot is not showing the correct resolution. I tried changing the GUI setting using Clover Configurator. It doesn't work.
Anyone facing this issue?

View attachment 435887

My 5700 XT is showing as Vega 56, is there any settings I must change?

My Clover boot is not showing the correct resolution. I tried changing the GUI setting using Clover Configurator. It doesn't work.
Anyone facing this issue?

Have you tried it in Windows? Use GPUZ to see if it really is a 5700 XT.

Back