Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Maybe you still have something in your clover config to make the iGPU to work properly?

I think it may be due to the BIOS version on my card being different - I've definitely not got WEG anywhere, and I'm not finding anything else in my config which looks video related.

I'll keep experimenting... so close!

** EDIT ** Seems unlikely to be due to BIOS version as viente is using the same version!

Last edited:
RX 5700 XT Gigabyte Reference working OOB without WEG kext. Fans working correctly.
You seem to have the same ROM version as I do. Could you possibly share you config with me?

I'm struggling to get past the black screen and perhaps this will help! :)

You seem to have the same ROM version as I do. Could you possibly share you config with me?

I'm struggling to get past the black screen and perhaps this will help! :)

I use OpenCore instead of Clover. If you use Clover my config won't be compatible. And to be honest there is nothing special about it. I've just disabled WEG kext and it was working OOB.

Anyway, if you use OpenCore, I can share my config. No problem. :)

Last edited:
I use OpenCore instead of Clover. If you use Clover my config won't be compatible. And to be honest there is nothing special about it. I've just disabled WEG kext and it was working OOB.

Anyway, if you use OpenCore, I can share my config. No problem. :)

I am indeed using Clover, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll keep experimenting! :)

Ok, finally, confirmed working!

I'm not sure exactly what was the issue, but I found an old AHCI related kext in /Library/Extensions, removed it, disabled the iGFX and updated my Clover and now it works :)

Have got 1 of the 3 displayports in use, have not managed to get the other two to work.

HDMI port is working.

Card is: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT / https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07TB5FBV6/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

1571400216960.png

Just did few more tests. All 4 inputs works and detected correctly. Fan speed works normal. But compute results not that great.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 17.53.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 17.53.58.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 205
Just did few more tests. All 4 inputs works and detected correctly. Fan speed works normal. But compute results not that great.
MacOS 10.15.1 beta with Navi support is due out tonight. Perhaps there the performance will be improved.

I don't see anything wrong with the Geekbench 5 results. It's right around the range of Vega 56 and Radeon VII.

Besides, we shouldn't worry too much about OpenCL since it's been depreciated and everything will be about Metal moving forward.

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 9.13.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-18 at 9.18.12 AM.png

Even lower here; https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/compute/171123

Though performance in MacOS seems fine (I'll mostly be using the 3d performance under Windows for gaming, everything else in OSX is for typical desktop usage, web, email etc.)

** EDIT ** Re-tested it with some other apps closed and it went a little higher @ 45760.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with the Geekbench 5 results. It's right around the range of Veg 56 and Radeon VII.

Besides, we shouldn't worry too much about OpenCL since it's been depreciated and everything will be about Metal moving forward.

View attachment 431345View attachment 431346

The Navi 5700XT only has 40 compute units as well. Vega 64 has 64 compute units, R VII 60 CUs, so for 40 CUs its hanging with the big boys. Cant wait for the 5800, 5900 series.

Back