Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

@lo97

How did you manage to boot with the 5700 XT installed? I would like to be able to boot with mine, but I can never get more than halfway through the Apple loading screen.

-Kyle

Edit: I don't care if there's no acceleration yet. I just want to be able to boot so that I can upgrade eventually when it's available.

Last edited:
@lo97

How did you manage to boot with the 5700 XT installed? I would like to be able to boot with mine, but I can never get more than halfway through the Apple loading screen.

-Kyle

Edit: I don't care if there's no acceleration yet. I just want to be able to boot so that I can upgrade eventually when it's available.

Mine booted fine, just no acceleration. Probably -disablegfxfirmware is what you're missing to let it finish booting? You could use verbose mode to confirm that.

That let it boot, but it booted into a black screen. Any advice?
Perhaps your video card is not supported on macOS Catalina due to a third-party BIOS installed on it. This is just my guess.

Perhaps your video card is not supported on macOS Catalina due to a third-party BIOS installed on it. This is just my guess.

Hmm. That's very interesting. I was able to boot into Safe Mmode (or w/e it's called). Would I be able to boot into that if that were the case?

Also, I used an ROG Strix Vega 64 OOB for quite a while. So I thought I'd be safe with this ROG Strix 5700 XT. Maybe that's not the case.

Hmm. That's very interesting. I was able to boot into safe mode (or w/e it's called). Would I be able to boot into that if that were the case?

Also, I used an ROG Strix Vega 64 OOB for quite a while, so I thought I'd be safe with this ROG Strix 5700 XT. Maybe that's not the case.

Disable the iGPU in BIOS.

Hmm. That's very interesting. I was able to boot into safe mode (or w/e it's called). Would I be able to boot into that if that were the case?

Also, I used an ROG Strix Vega 64 OOB for quite a while, so I thought I'd be safe with this ROG Strix 5700 XT. Maybe that's not the case.
Perhaps the black screen problem will be solved by connecting a cable to HDMI or DisplayPort.

When I use HDMI on Mojave, after the computer wakes up from sleep, the monitor does not work. There is no such problem on DisplayPort.

I downloaded the latest 15.1 and there is no major change from the prior versions. This must be a mistake by Apple, maybe 15.1.2 will have it. I'm not even going to bother editing the info. plists of the kexts, as they don't show any Navi support (10000Controller and 5000kext).

View attachment 430051

That's looking the same as what I see...
1571297610284.png

Back