Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone can help me out with mine. Details below;

System - ASUS P8z77 v-LK (BIOS flashed back to 0904), i7 3770k, Asus AMD Radeon HD 7870.
Hackintosh created using a real mac, and a Unibeast USB with 10.8.4 loaded
No DSDT used as I don't think my MB requires one
Manually configured Multibeast drivers that I needed.

The WiFi worked right from the start which I was surprised about as its a 3rd party card I purchased. I'm really not fussed about whether I can get this to boot from the HDD I installed ML on, I'm happy to leave the USB in there to boot from (this will be a dual boot computer anyways so I prefer having the option), and I don't care about the onboard audio as I have an external soundcard. I just need to get the video card to be recognized. I have tried installing AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and ATI7000Controller.kext using kextbeast but my card still isn't recognized.

I have tried pretty much every thing I can think of to get this working, including all the troubleshooting i can find on this site. My problem is that when I boot I have to boot with the -x flag otherwise the apple logo appears with the with clock just going round. I have tried booting with -v flag and the boot seems to hang on the screenshot below, I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried the graphicsenabler=no and PCIRootUID=0 setting

When booting with -x the system boots with no issues (display output connected via PCIe card), displays 1920*1080 resolution, I can log in and the system works fine, except the video memory only shows 7Mb VRAM.

Does anyone have any ideas, let me know if I need to provide more infos :)

THanks
IMAG0292.jpg

Article: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

sweet thread, wish I had come across it sooner, thanks for starting it and for all of the sweet info (as usual) :thumbup:

Any foreseeable setbacks if i go with Dual Gigabyte 7870's onto my Gigabyte z68x - ud3h -b3 f10 board? i have a bronze 750w psu, but a gold 1000w psu in a rig that no longer needs it. Mobo feedback much appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Hey all, I'm having issues getting triple monitors to work with my build (GA-Z77X-UD5H + XFX 7950). I've gotten it working before but after updating to 10.8.4 and updating Multibeast today, it stopped working. The monitors are plugged in via DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI and the HDMI one does not get detected by OSX.

Any ideas as to what I can try to fix this? Also I have to do the sleep trick in order to log in.

Any help is much appreciated, I'm ripping my hair out trying to fix this.

EDIT: Fix was to re-set graphicsEnabler=no apparrently it had somehow gotten changed. Cheers!

Wondering if anyone can help me out with mine. Details below;

System - ASUS P8z77 v-LK (BIOS flashed back to 0904), i7 3770k, Asus AMD Radeon HD 7870.
Hackintosh created using a real mac, and a Unibeast USB with 10.8.4 loaded
No DSDT used as I don't think my MB requires one
Manually configured Multibeast drivers that I needed.

The WiFi worked right from the start which I was surprised about as its a 3rd party card I purchased. I'm really not fussed about whether I can get this to boot from the HDD I installed ML on, I'm happy to leave the USB in there to boot from (this will be a dual boot computer anyways so I prefer having the option), and I don't care about the onboard audio as I have an external soundcard. I just need to get the video card to be recognized. I have tried installing AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and ATI7000Controller.kext using kextbeast but my card still isn't recognized.

I have tried pretty much every thing I can think of to get this working, including all the troubleshooting i can find on this site. My problem is that when I boot I have to boot with the -x flag otherwise the apple logo appears with the with clock just going round. I have tried booting with -v flag and the boot seems to hang on the screenshot below, I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried the graphicsenabler=no and PCIRootUID=0 setting

When booting with -x the system boots with no issues (display output connected via PCIe card), displays 1920*1080 resolution, I can log in and the system works fine, except the video memory only shows 7Mb VRAM.

Does anyone have any ideas, let me know if I need to provide more infos :)

THanks
IMAG0292.jpg
I had this same problem, dz77gal-70k i7 3770k. His 7950 If I were you I would try this. In my bios settings I would get never ending apple circle with Intergrated Graphics. I used chameleon 2.1 r2035 to boot with and had bios settings to intergrated disabled Pcie selected and booted with no problem. Then I arrived at white screen.

I download rotate app on another pc and added the file to the install partition of osx. I used the Installer usb to boot. I booted -x left the graphics enabler out of it and everything else. Once in didn't touch anything typed my password and hit enter. It logged in to home screen.

Transferred the rotate app to applications and then went to sys pref/Users&Groups/Login items and added rotate app. Before restarting I went to apps and ran the rotate app it prompted me not mac app I ran it anyway.

Restarted from usb normally No -v or -x not even graphicsenabler=no. I then sweated till the white screen appeared gave it a couple seconds then typed my login password and hit enter..... Waited a few more seconds screen went blue and then I have screen.

Post Getting past that I went to disk utility and shrunk disc size then added a fat32 msdos partition. Copied Bootloader files from usb to partition and boot straight from it no.

I can't seem to get my HD 7950 to work. I can use get into OS X via onboard HD 4000 but not the 7950. I have a MSI Z77A-GD55 but I can't work out the correct onboard settings. Running 10.8.4 btw. I don't mind my onboard enabled or not as long as I can use my HD 7950 so if someone could help, it would be much appreciated. :) If I boot with my card in(using onboard DVI port) and use GraphicsEnabler=no I can boot in but the graphics freaks out, I have to put in sleep then bring it out and reset my res.

I had to use "GraphicsEnabler=No" to get around a bizarre boot error - "Memory Allocation error! Addr 0xdeadbeef, size 0x0, file ati.c, line 1725. Nonrecoverable error! System HALTED!!!"

Gigabyte ATi 7870
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
OS X 10.8.5

Booting using Chimera 2.1.1:

PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
AtiConfig=Aji

This did not work for my rig. :(

PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=No
NPCI=0x2000

Resulted in a blank white screen with no mouse pointer. Hitting ctrl-alt-del results in the 'bleep' noise going through speakers. So it's trying to do something.

GraphicsEnabler=No

Resulted in a white screen with mouse pointer, but no login screen. Hitting ctrl-alt-del results in the same noise... removed and reconnected monitor data cable; mouse pointer appeared but still cannot see login screen - just white void...

Currently, the only way I can boot is using the install USB. Every time I boot with init display set to igfx but internal graphics disabled, it just changes the bios setting back to auto and I get the black screen with weird symbols. (Where the bootloader should be) mb-ga z77 ud5h blue version. Also my USB just decided it doesn't like booting either and give me some memory allocation error. Anyone know how to fix this? (Using a hd radeon 7870)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back