Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a asus mobo does anyone know the options I have to set for this one? I believe it to be selecting IGPU as Primary and enabling IGPU Multi-Monito (which turns on LucidLogix Virtu MVP). Even when I set these it doesnt work though I get frambuffer set to default 0 or GraphinsEnabler=NO gets me stuck with athr errors. Even when I dont have any monitor plugged in. I belive this is due to me using chimera but all other bootloaders won't work for somereason. thanks

Hi all. I've managed to install 10.8 via UniBeast, installed Multibeast for No DSDT, which works. Then updated to 10.8.3 via the combo updater, still works. Updated the ethernet kext and that works too. All is good. Except: when I installed my PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 EZ Edition, it will boot, but stays on the spinning wheel thing forever and I don't get to the desktop. I figure it's close to working as it seems stuck on some kext it's trying to load or something, as everything will work in safe mode. I've set the UEFI to use the on-board graphics as default, also set to PCI Express, makes no difference. I have to use GraphicsEnabler=No (Otherwise it just keeps rebooting). I have two monitors to use, one is in my DVI port on the motherboard, the other is in my Radeon 7870. I've read almost all the posts here but got nowhere. Since I'm using a ASRock Z77Extreme4 I figure I'm lucky it boots at all. Feels so close! Any help would be sooooo appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I thought I had a signature, sorry! Here's my setup:
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 EZ Edition (Tahiti LE)
RAM: 16 GB GSkill 1866 DDR3
Storage: 1 x 256GB SanDisk Hyper Plus SSD, 1 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM

This is my first Hackintosh build

Article: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

What motherboard and bios version are on the screenshot? On my GA-Z77-DS3H rev.1.1 (tried with bios versions F8, F9 and F10f) the option "Init display first" resets from IGFX to Auto when the internal graphics (core i3 HD4000) is set to Disabled. Only PCI-e card is working with those settings during the boot process and the OS X 10.8.4 is stuck at boot0 message (it worked nicely with the on-board graphics). I can't find any older MB bios versions to download and try them. The PCI-e video I try to install is XFX Radeon HD7750.

I'm using HD7770. The boot just hangup, leaving the message "GraphicsCard in slot--slot 1". Does someone know how to deal with this? Thanks!

I got the same issue with a sapphire 7970 on asrock p67 extreme 4 gen3.
desktop, firefox, chrome are stable tough.
Did you find more information?

I have the same exact problem with my 7970 on a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Hey guys,

After some failed attempts months ago I thought I`d give it a shot again. I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.4 from the USB stick I prepared. For the installation I just connect the 2nd DVI port of my monitor to the integrated graphics card and set initial display first to initial and enabled. Format my 120 GB SSD to OSX journaled and GUID. The default bootloader on my USB stick is Clover which works for the installation. I have a second bootloader (Chameleon) on my USB stick which I can access by pressing 1 at boot. Thing now is although the installation with Clover works like I charm I need to use Chameleon bootloader to access OSX on the harddrive.

If tried to install every available bootloader even the new Chimera after it has been updated and installed them to the HD. Nothing. I can still only boot from the USB stick with Chameleon. Even when I install the exact same version from the USB stick to my disk, my system doesn't boot. It always stops saying mac swapon success...

This is really a pain in the ass since every other thing works like a charm.

My system:

GB Z77-D3H
i7 3770k
HD 7970

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

best,

Y

Success!
Asrock z77 extreme
i7 3770
PowerColor HD 7950 (Only using DL DVI, other ports unknown)

Boot using Chimera 2.1.1:

• PCIRootUID=0
  • GraphicsEnabler=Yes
  • AtiConfig=Aji

EFI settings
  • VT-d disable (still need to expirement with this, it's a feature I'd like to keep)
  • IGPU multi display enable

Boot output is on IGPU, desktop on HD7950.

Edit: No sleep trick or fbrotate necessary. Running ML 10.8.4.

I'm using HD7770. The boot just hangup, leaving the message "GraphicsCard in slot--slot 1". Does someone know how to deal with this? Thanks!

Maybe PCIRootUID=0? That fixed it for me.

Wondering if anyone can help me out with mine. Details below;

System - ASUS P8z77 v-LK (BIOS flashed back to 0904), i7 3770k, Asus AMD Radeon HD 7870.
Hackintosh created using a real mac, and a Unibeast USB with 10.8.4 loaded
No DSDT used as I don't think my MB requires one
Manually configured Multibeast drivers that I needed.

The WiFi worked right from the start which I was surprised about as its a 3rd party card I purchased. I'm really not fussed about whether I can get this to boot from the HDD I installed ML on, I'm happy to leave the USB in there to boot from (this will be a dual boot computer anyways so I prefer having the option), and I don't care about the onboard audio as I have an external soundcard. I just need to get the video card to be recognized. I have tried installing AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and ATI7000Controller.kext using kextbeast but my card still isn't recognized.

I have tried pretty much every thing I can think of to get this working, including all the troubleshooting i can find on this site. My problem is that when I boot I have to boot with the -x flag otherwise the apple logo appears with the with clock just going round. I have tried booting with -v flag and the boot seems to hang on the screenshot below, I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried the graphicsenabler=no and PCIRootUID=0 setting

When booting with -x the system boots with no issues (display output connected via PCIe card), displays 1920*1080 resolution, I can log in and the system works fine, except the video memory only shows 7Mb VRAM.

Does anyone have any ideas, let me know if I need to provide more infos :)

THanks
IMAG0292.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back