Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Hi
I have a Gigabyte HD 7870 and I dont get it working.
with the bios settings above it doesnt work with display at motherboard and with the display connected with the HD 7870.
Do I need to have a special bios version? I have the Gigabyte z77-ds3h rev 1.0

I tried for really long, but i dont have any success.
Please help me

Greets
I have the same board as you with a XFX HD7970 working. It only work if i enable the internal graphic. Of course, leave the Init display first to IGFX. Then, you need to have one monitor attached to the board and another one to the Radeon in order to get the bios. I have a monitor with two DVI-D, so i can switch easily. Good luck!

I have the same board as you with a XFX HD7970 working. It only work if i enable the internal graphic. Of course, leave the Init display first to IGFX. Then, you need to have one monitor attached to the board and another one to the Radeon in order to get the bios. I have a monitor with two DVI-D, so i can switch easily. Good luck!

Thanks I´ll try soon. I have 1 dvi and one vga at my monitor. hopefully i can make it :)

I tried, but didn´t get it working. after chimera there didn´t come the bootcreen.
is it because of the vga kable? i had it with an adapter at the hd 7870.

Thanks I´ll try soon. I have 1 dvi and one vga at my monitor. hopefully i can make it :)

I tried, but didn´t get it working. after chimera there didn´t come the bootcreen.
is it because of the vga kable? i had it with an adapter at the hd 7870.

I have white screen error on boot, fixed with ratation trick!
My main board is MSI B75MA-P45, so it don't have "Init IGFX First" options in BIOS as Gigabyte main board, it means that you can only choose "IGD Only" or "PEG Only". So I must boot with my HD7770 (disabled Internal Graphics) if I want to use it in Mac. And I successed with Chimera 2.1 from MultiBeast5.3 and "GraphicsEnabler=No", it is fully working with QE/CI, I have just benchmarked with LuxMark: over 700 point
At the first boot, I boot using OSX USB Installer with "-v -f GraphicsEnabler=No" to login setup screen!
P/S: don't use VGA cable, use DVI cable!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 8.26.31 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 8.26.31 AM.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 8.28.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 8.28.10 AM.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 230
Thanks for th post - Keep up the good work team.

no i also had the vga at the 7870.
with hd4000 disabled i come now to a whitescreen with only my mouse.
I use an older chimera, because with the latest i get glibberish text.

Finally my XFX R7970 is working.

I used HD 6870 for first Mac OSX installation.

And you have to have MacOSX 10.8.3 Unibeast USB for booting because Chimera boot loader is not working with HD7970(reason is on this page)

Also, you have to have native supporting Graphic card(ex: HD6870)

My Board is GA-H77N-Wifi with intel i5 3570

install step

1.install MacOSX without HD6870

2.install HD6870 after that installing kexts for Sound, hibernate and so on by Multibeast.

3.Check Hibernate function. This is very important.

4.If Hibernate is working, Turn off hacintosh and Take off HD6870

5.Install HD7970 and in the bios, Check PCI Graphic to PEG and Turn off internal Graphic card.

6.Boot by Unibeat USB (10.8.3) Type "GraphicsEnabler=No"

7.After booting, You can see White screen with Mouse point.

8.Push power button for hibernate.

9.Push power button again. You can see Desktop screen or Password screen.

10.Using Multibeat for installing Boot option "GraphicsEnabler=No"

Installing is Done!!

Con of this installation Processing

Have to use Unibeast USB for Booting

Have to have Native support Graphic card

You hackintosh have to work with Hibernate Function.

I come to that whitescreen, too with my hd 7870 installed. I use an older chimera.
I´ll try the sleeptrick in a few days. My hibernate doesnt work native, so i have to install a kext first

I finally got my Gigabyte HD 7870 OC working.
I disabled the hd4000 in bios and plugged a DVI cable into my HD 7870 and my monitor.
I have a HDD were I had win7 and osx on it. The osx isnt working anymore. The new osx is on another HDD.
With that bootmanager i dont get giberish text, so i can boot normal. when I get the whitescreen, I use the sleeptrick.
I had to install a sleepenabler.kext first. My last problem is, that I can only boot with that bootloader without gibberish text.
It isnt working with an old and not with the latest version, when i install it on my new HDD.

I got my 7950 working on a fresh install with latest clover and graphicsenabler=no and using sleep method..

Only problem I have is OpenGL valley benchmark is giving me grief.... Anybody have a solution ?

JR7kuKy.jpg

oPXTbik.jpg

Hi all,

When I boot my machine I obtain this screen when chimera/chameleon is launched.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...w-7870-xt-10-8-3-can-you-help-me-img_2550.jpg
I'm not the only one with this problem.
The way to obtain a sucessful boot is booting from USB with Unibeast and I have white screen (sleep trick works!). Why is this?
I read I have to install Clover but I don't know how to config it for obtain the same experience as Chimera.

Somebody knows a solution?

My build is:

* GA-Z77-DS3H
* i5 3570k
* Gigabyte 7870OC Edition
* 16 Gb @1600 Mhz

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back