Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

FYI for those interested in the Sapphire HD 7950 Mac Pro Version.

The card ships with OS x drivers for OS x 10.8.2 and earlier. 10.8.3 uses the embedded 10.8.3 drivers.

[video=youtube;9gUKpOJoJD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gUKpOJoJD4[/video]

Ritey

Will we ever be able to do this without using an integrated / secondary video card? I'm currently short on backup video cards but it would be nice running OSX on my HD 7870. :)

Cheers!

Any idea on when Chimera will be updated to handle the 7xxx series? I have a 7870 and I have to blind boot, which basically makes it impossible for me to boot windows.

I'm intesting
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
i5-3570
16 GB G.Skill
ATi 7870

Does the 7850 work yet?

First time user. Be nice.

I'm using rotate trick and it work for me: Sapphire HD 7770 GHz Edition. White screen still appears but my desktop shows up after 10s!
Not need any modified kext

Hi
I have a Gigabyte HD 7870 and I dont get it working.
with the bios settings above it doesnt work with display at motherboard and with the display connected with the HD 7870.
Do I need to have a special bios version? I have the Gigabyte z77-ds3h rev 1.0

I tried for really long, but i dont have any success.
Please help me

Greets

Hi
I have a Gigabyte HD 7870 and I dont get it working.
with the bios settings above it doesnt work with display at motherboard and with the display connected with the HD 7870.
Do I need to have a special bios version? I have the Gigabyte z77-ds3h rev 1.0

I tried for really long, but i dont have any success.
Please help me

Greets
I have the same board as you with a XFX HD7970 working. It only work if i enable the internal graphic. Of course, leave the Init display first to IGFX. Then, you need to have one monitor attached to the board and another one to the Radeon in order to get the bios. I have a monitor with two DVI-D, so i can switch easily. Good luck!

I have the same board as you with a XFX HD7970 working. It only work if i enable the internal graphic. Of course, leave the Init display first to IGFX. Then, you need to have one monitor attached to the board and another one to the Radeon in order to get the bios. I have a monitor with two DVI-D, so i can switch easily. Good luck!

Thanks I´ll try soon. I have 1 dvi and one vga at my monitor. hopefully i can make it :)

I tried, but didn´t get it working. after chimera there didn´t come the bootcreen.
is it because of the vga kable? i had it with an adapter at the hd 7870.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back