Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Yes I did notice that sapphire card... the switch to go back and forth between mac and pc mode bios is a nice feature!

they must have tested it so, it must perform well... right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202027

--------------------------------------------

Apparently MAC owners are not overly impressed with the SAPPHIRE 100352MAC

Note: The 100352MAC drivers appear to be using the native 10.8.3 drivers ..

Other Thoughts: I got the card yesterday... The drivers are already included on Mac OS X 10.8.3.
I am not a gamer or do much video.
I am a Pro Photographer and use Photoshop CS6 and Aperture 3.
My Mac Pro has the fastest SSD in the market, the 1TB OWC accelsior and 32GB of RAM hooked up to 2 27" Apple LED Cinema Displays, one rotated at 90-degrees.
I had some flickering and stuttering on the vertical display with my old Radeon 5770. It is faster on the 7950 but it still struggles.
I don't know if the problem is the "Old" 2010 5,1 Mac Pro with PCIe 2.0 vs the card's PCIe 3.0 but until Apple decides to upgrade the Mac Pro Line, $500 for a little faster video card doesn't work for me.
I ran some Xbench and Geebench tests and the numbers are almost identical. Even some video tests are actually faster on the 3 year old 5770 with just 1GB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202027

I have an Asus 7850 w/ 2GB DDR5 in my Windows machine and am looking forward to the rest of my hardware to arrive so I may start my first Hack Pro build. I'm looking forward to it and at the same time I hope my card will work by the finish of assembly. Can you guys suggest some threads for me to start out reading? Thanks.

Following Tony's guide to

Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Disabled (OS X will recognize fully)

won't work using a brand new
GA-Z77X-UD5H, MSI 7950, 16gb Corsair dram.
The screen comes up briefly using GE=No, then goes white, with the 'sleep trick' not working.

Also, the
Init Display First: IGFX is resetting itself to 'auto.'

Any ideas?

Ritey​

Following Tony's guide to

Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Disabled (OS X will recognize fully)

won't work using a brand new
GA-Z77X-UD5H, MSI 7950, 16gb Corsair dram.
The screen comes up briefly using GE=No, then goes white, with the 'sleep trick' not working.

Also, the
Init Display First: IGFX is resetting itself to 'auto.'

Any ideas?

Ritey​

i got the same with gigabyte z77p-d3 and sapphire 7850

i got the same with gigabyte z77p-d3 and sapphire 7850

------------------

10.8.3 is running fantastic on an old Q9660/GP45/650Ti. Everything just works great and runs beautifully.

I spent over $600 in the past two weeks to get the 7950 reliably online (MB/CPU/SSD, etc.). I estimate a minimum of forty hours of research, installing, re-installing, trouble shooting, etc.

Tried most of the (successful) attempts, and most parts came off the recommended lists.

Will probably just shelve the idea of using 7950 on 10.8.3 until a good, reliable fix not requiring super-human effort and Unix programming :lol:

Take care ...

Ritey

Ifinally got my 7750 working on my Z77X-UP5 TH thanks to this thread. I didn't realize the error in this thread was referring to the error0 I was getting.

My only solution was installing my 5450 in the first x16 slot, then installing the 7750 in second slot then no more error0 and my system is very fast and very responsive once again!!!!

I tried removing the vga connector from the 5450, but then I get boot0 error again. so I need both the 7750 and 5450 connected at all times. They come from the same monitor and now I have an extended desktop mode. I just need to figure out how to get rid of the other display r tell it to duplicate both displays.

I tried to use my integrated video the first time with no success. Not sure if it was attributed to the HD 1000 I have or not. I have the Sandy Bridge i3-2120 processor.

Thanks for the post and maybe in the OP add the boot error0 and not just boot error for a little more clarity. If it confused me, I'm sure it'll confuse others.

Thanks for an excellent post
-=Mark=-

I have an Asus 7850 w/ 2GB DDR5 in my Windows machine and am looking forward to the rest of my hardware to arrive so I may start my first Hack Pro build. I'm looking forward to it and at the same time I hope my card will work by the finish of assembly. Can you guys suggest some threads for me to start out reading? Thanks.

----------------------------------------

What motherboard are you using?

Ritey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back