AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Yes, I get the following error:

Boot0: GPT
Boot0: Test
Boot0: Test
Boot0: Done Followed by 4 lines of garbled text and symbols.

I am in the same problem.

I tried old and new chimera boot loader.

But still I have problem.

Osx USB key is working bye the way I think I have to wait for new chimera.

I am in the same problem.

I tried old and new chimera boot loader.

But still I have problem.

Osx USB key is working bye the way I think I have to wait for new chimera.

We all are waiting for the new chimera ...

problems after sleep! Gigabyte hd 7850 2gb

Wake! screen is loaded! then try to move the cursor! he barely moves
all terribly slow!
Who knows what the problem is?

Until Apple officially adds the device id for the 7850 to the kexts you cannot expect it to work well.

There is no hard support, just not ready yet, be lucky that we have ways to inject...
Where is the problem? A little white screen bug if not using UEFI? Not a big deal till there are other ways...

Prosaca, Thank you for your response and advice.
Since I really believed that "updating for OSX 10.8.3" means that I can start(enjoy) the fully use of HD7970 power on my Hacintosh, it was sad for me that my GTX480 graphic board ( just mounting the cooller part of Intel RTS2011LC ) can not activate on the 1st PCIex16 slot ( of Sabertooth X58). It can be run on PCIex4 slot so that my powerful HD7970 board is not activate on the 2nd PCIex16 slot.

After seeing following words from Tonymacx86, I decided to buy the HD6870 board as the special price and replaced for old graphic board (GTX480).
"You can work around this by having a second AMD PCIe card in your system,.."

This afternoon, I did the fully enabling the power of HD7970 in displayport as below.
a. Remove the GTX480 board and several parts of RTS2011LC from my Hacintosh ( that is run in the HAF XB Lan Box) - PICex4 slot.
b. Install HD6870 board into the 1st slot of PCIex16. Then, run OSX 10.8.3 under the booting of UniBeast 1.7 (boot option as GraphicsEnabler=No ).
c. After the completion of OSX 10.8.3 boot, I run Multibeast 5.2.1 for putting the bootoption GraphicsEnabler=No into my Hacintosh system image.
d. Checking out that my Hacintosh can be booting and run Firefox on 10.8.3 on HD6870.
e. Then Activating my HD7970 board by connecting 2x PCIe 8pin power plug. Re_boot with Unibeast 1.7.
f. Checking out both AMD grahic board ( DVI connection from HD6870 and Displayport connection to HD7970)
g. Enjoy the great power of HD7970 ( which cane be provide us 2Tflops and more ).

Thanks Hacintosh greek for providing the advice and energy to make the change.

Why can I see a working mouse cursor with a white background? The SleepEnabler Trick is not working for me. :( I have a HD 7770 graphics card on the AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Mainboard but would be really happy if someone have a SleepEnabler.kext for my Mainboard or a working method without the SleepEnabler.kext. I have to add that I had deleted the kext for my internal Graphics, because otherwhise i got a KP

-----------------------------------------------

Check this build: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...eme-core-i7-3930k-radeon-hd-7970-ghz-3gb.html

Prosaca, Thank you for your response and advice.
Since I really believed that "updating for OSX 10.8.3" means that I can start(enjoy) the fully use of HD7970 power on my Hacintosh, it was sad for me that my GTX480 graphic board ( just mounting the cooller part of Intel RTS2011LC ) can not activate on the 1st PCIex16 slot ( of Sabertooth X58). It can be run on PCIex4 slot so that my powerful HD7970 board is not activate on the 2nd PCIex16 slot.

After seeing following words from Tonymacx86, I decided to buy the HD6870 board as the special price and replaced for old graphic board (GTX480).
"You can work around this by having a second AMD PCIe card in your system,.."

This afternoon, I did the fully enabling the power of HD7970 in displayport as below.
a. Remove the GTX480 board and several parts of RTS2011LC from my Hacintosh ( that is run in the HAF XB Lan Box) - PICex4 slot.
b. Install HD6870 board into the 1st slot of PCIex16. Then, run OSX 10.8.3 under the booting of UniBeast 1.7 (boot option as GraphicsEnabler=No ).
c. After the completion of OSX 10.8.3 boot, I run Multibeast 5.2.1 for putting the bootoption GraphicsEnabler=No into my Hacintosh system image.
d. Checking out that my Hacintosh can be booting and run Firefox on 10.8.3 on HD6870.
e. Then Activating my HD7970 board by connecting 2x PCIe 8pin power plug. Re_boot with Unibeast 1.7.
f. Checking out both AMD grahic board ( DVI connection from HD6870 and Displayport connection to HD7970)
g. Enjoy the great power of HD7970 ( which cane be provide us 2Tflops and more ).

Thanks Hacintosh greek for providing the advice and energy to make the change.

You mean 'Do I have to have two monitors?'

Hmm... I have to try Dual monitor for Hd7970.

You mean 'Do I have to have two monitors?'

Hmm... I have to try Dual monitor for Hd7970.

Hi..., Good question.
Let me add some words for your better understanding what I recovered for enabling my HD7970 graphic board within my OSX 10.8.3 environment.

1. My display monitor is EIZO S2243W. It has multiple inputs - DVI x1, Displayport x1, RGB x1, and the user can select the input source via pushing the "S" button.

2. For my convenient \easy operation, I made the setup for "Display screen resolution" as below.
- Primary(main) display : S2243 Display port from HD7970
- Secondary display : S2243 Digital (DVI) from HD6870

Above is enough for your question ?

Attachments

• screenshot_of 2 AMD_Graphics.jpg
    screenshot_of 2 AMD_Graphics.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 280

Here is a great guide to get you up and running if you don't have integrated graphics, or a second video card. Obviously, you may need to change the DSDT to whichever you have (if you use one) but this got me up and running.

---

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-3930k-radeon-hd-7970-ghz-3gb.html#post577520

---

Also, a nice workaround to the white screen on boot is the following:

First, boot with -x or another supported GPU

Get fp-rotate from this site and uncompress it somewhere:
http://modbookish.le...-display-on-os/

Open Automator.app
Select "Application"
Choose "Run shell script" (from the Actions/Utilities)
Paste this script (change de path):

/Users/user/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 90
/Users/user/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 0

Save the script somewhere.

Go to System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login items and add the script.

(Optional: you can set auto login too).

Source : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...xx-graphics-testing-thread-25.html#post579839

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back