Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

The 7xxx support happened at a great time - I just put together my system the day before this posted, and had a 7770 I was going to just be using in Windows. I haven't even had a chance to put together a post in the "completed builds" section yet, but I wanted to report on my success. I've got a 3570K, GA-Z77-DS3H, and a Galaxy 7770 "Ghz Edition". Running 10.8.3 with chameleon 1.11.1394 (I think - the version that comes in the latest MultiBeast). It took a bit of fiddling and a few tries, but the process described in the article worked for me: set IGFX to primary, set integrated to disabled, booted with the GraphicsEnabler=No flag, and doing the sleep trick. Hardware acceleration is definitely working, was getting >120fps at 1080p in CS:GO with settings maxed out. I haven't ran a hackintosh since 2009, so if I can get it running, should mean good things for everyone!

I`m sorry by my english. It`s worked perfectly to me. Thx Tonymac

It took a bit of fiddling and a few tries, but the process described in the article worked for me: set IGFX to primary, set integrated to disabled, booted with the GraphicsEnabler=No flag, and doing the sleep trick.

---------------------------------------

I will try this. :) Please be more specific on which 'sleep trick' you used. Was it a kext?

The 7xxx support happened at a great time - I just put together my system the day before this posted, and had a 7770 I was going to just be using in Windows. I haven't even had a chance to put together a post in the "completed builds" section yet, but I wanted to report on my success. I've got a 3570K, GA-Z77-DS3H, and a Galaxy 7770 "Ghz Edition". Running 10.8.3 with chameleon 1.11.1394 (I think - the version that comes in the latest MultiBeast). It took a bit of fiddling and a few tries, but the process described in the article worked for me: set IGFX to primary, set integrated to disabled, booted with the GraphicsEnabler=No flag, and doing the sleep trick. Hardware acceleration is definitely working, was getting >120fps at 1080p in CS:GO with settings maxed out. I haven't ran a hackintosh since 2009, so if I can get it running, should mean good things for everyone!
Hey, nice one!
Would you mind putting your card details here? We don't have a Galaxy-branded card yet, and that would be a real help!

---------------------------------------

I will try this. :) Please be more specific on which 'sleep trick' you used. Was it a kext?

Saw it on the forum somewhere, it boots into a white screen then you have to hit the power button to sleep it, then wake it and it displays fine. I'd love to get it working without needing to do that, but I'm afraid to poke around more without researching on the forums.

Hey, nice one!
Would you mind putting your card details here? We don't have a Galaxy-branded card yet, and that would be a real help!

Sorry, I got mixed up, I was thinking of the card in my htpc (a 5450) when I said Galaxy, the 7770 I have running in the hackintosh is from HIS. I'll add the info to that thread either way.

No, not a kext. You just put it to sleep when you get the white screen. When you wake it, it will be working (hopefully).

All the best!

TonyMac Please, When you will insert the AMD 7xxx in the chimera bootloader ?

When AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in chimera bootloader ?

Is there any thing going on with Chimera that fixes this yet. My xfx 5770 died and now I have a xfx 7770 and I cant do any thing to get it runing

Hi, this doesn't seem to work for me .. If using internal HD4000 and HD7950 with the following settings

Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Disabled (OS X will recognize fully)

it's the same result als Booting auto/auto or Auto/Enabled - nothing works - OSX boot stops immediately.

All is working fine, if I eject the PCI-E HD7950. I love the OSX Mountain Lion, but I can't get it running with both GFX solutions.

Any other Idea ? I'm using a GA-Z77N-Wifi, it has the same bios as showed in the first thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back