Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a solution for booting directly with amd 7000 series graphics cards. This is basically the only problem I have, I have full graphics acceleration and sleep and wake and everything with my 7950 and z77 extreme 4 motherboard. I tried the clover method but it still uses the chimera boot-loader. Is there a way to remove the chimera boot-loader so I can do a fresh install of clover. Currently Im using my Unibeast Stick I made of Mountain lion 10.8.2 to boot and the sleep trick. Other than this works perfect system wise. If anybody have a method working to boot directly from harddrive with amd 7000 cards on a z77 extreme 4 motherboard, help would be greatly appreciated.

Article: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

The reason we didn't add GraphicsEnabler injection to Chimera yet is because like the NVIDIA 6xx, the new 10.8.3 AMD drivers work natively, meaning we don't have to use any injection at all. :)

As far as my own testing, the 7870 is working without any injection, DSDT editing, additional driver tweaks. As written in the original post.

That's right but you have to edit your settings in the bios/uhfi but Enoch boot loader no need i know this is need some time but it will make computer start up faster (the time bios need to load the boot loader)

The reason we didn't add GraphicsEnabler injection to Chimera yet is because like the NVIDIA 6xx, the new 10.8.3 AMD drivers work natively, meaning we don't have to use any injection at all. :)

As far as my own testing, the 7870 is working without any injection, DSDT editing, additional driver tweaks. As written in the original post.

I was wondering if you've done any experimenting with the 7750 at all?

cant boot with my 7850 installed..

i have a fx-785a-cnfc 2GB 2dvi 2miniD 1 hdmi

I went to bios and changed init display to igfx then internal to disabled as stated in the first post.. and it keeps reverting the init display to AUTO

i have a monitor plugged in in my integrated graphics and one in my gfx card (for set up purposes, once its done and fully bootable ill move the screens to the gfx card..)

during boot, my screens on my gfx card are the ones to display.. and i keep getting that boot error long ugly code.. if i put init display to IGFX and internal display to Enabled. and it boots on my internal gfx but it stays in a white screen.. (the osx is doesnt even load) just white screen..

any ideas?

How can I get around the boot error and string of characters with an Asus MB (P8Z77-V)? As of now, I can only boot from my Unibeast USB with GraphicsEnabler=No.

--------------------------------------------------

Do you get a 'boot 0' error?

Attachments

• sapphire_radeon_7950_mac.jpg
    sapphire_radeon_7950_mac.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 294

Yes I did notice that sapphire card... the switch to go back and forth between mac and pc mode bios is a nice feature!

they must have tested it so, it must perform well... right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202027

---------------------------------------------------

In dedicated mode, I'm sure it does. Switch One=Mac / Switch Two=PC

Considering that no other ATI 7xxx cards have this switch, it appears Apple and ATI have partnered the 7xxx support in 10.8.3 to be hardware specific (e.g., a 7xxx hardware setting that runs OOB with a Mac).

This explains a great deal to me of why we are having such difficulty getting our (non-hardware supported) 7xxx cards to run OOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back