Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for us and many thanks.

Article: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Support in OS X 10.8.3

You can work around this by having a second AMD PCIe card in your system, or if using a motherboard with integrated graphics, set it to display first. The primary graphics device will handle the boot portion, and allow the system to boot perfectly with full graphics acceleration.

----------------------------------------------------

If booting with onboard graphics enabled in bios set to display first and the 7xxx plugged into mb pci slot, two monitors are NOT necessary. Correct?

I've benchmarked and confirmed it's working with full acceleration. Chimera doesn't have 7xxx GraphicsEnabler code- that's why you see the "7xxx" while using GraphicsEnabler=Yes. And the fact that there are no official Macs with 7xxx means that the drivers are injecting default values.

---------------------------------------

When you say 'the drivers are injecting default values,' you are referring to the 7xxx drivers built into 10.8.3.

Correct?

I've seen some versions of 7xxx kexts floating around the past two days. Are the built-in 7xxx drivers that come with 10.8.3 sufficient without trying to hunt and find 7xxx kext with who-knows-what in them?

Since I got the news that OSX 10.8.3 beta included the device drver for HD7970 earlier Dec 2012, I decided to buy ASUS HD7970-DC2-3GD5 on the X'mas special price. After that, I was put me on the seat
of "just waited for public release", it was for alomst 3.5 months. But, I am highly dispappointed "still my HX480 board is require though HD7970 device driver was leased " -- because of hard to support HD7970 for the primary dsiplay adapter on the hacintosh 10.8.3 level among related middlewares.

So, should I buy GTX650 board or HD6970 board in order to have the best cost performance on the primary graphic board that lead the second board ( HD7970) succesfully ?
Pls advice me.

OFF: Apart for being the best graphics solution for now, the AMD Radeon logo is simply gorgeous.

Pr3fix, there's an alternative: Clover UEFI!

All the best.

How can I get around the boot error and string of characters with an Asus MB (P8Z77-V)? As of now, I can only boot from my Unibeast USB with GraphicsEnabler=No.

I've benchmarked and confirmed it's working with full acceleration. Chimera doesn't have 7xxx GraphicsEnabler code- that's why you see the "7xxx" while using GraphicsEnabler=Yes. And the fact that there are no official Macs with 7xxx means that the drivers are injecting default values.

why you don't add the support for 7xxx to chimera in an experimental version like enoch boot loader and clover which support all 7xxx graphics but some times you have to select the accelerator like: Aji

I know clover is build in different way but enoch boot loader is branch of chameleon like chimera

so please support the new graphics at least in experimental version

The reason we didn't add GraphicsEnabler injection to Chimera yet is because like the NVIDIA 6xx, the new 10.8.3 AMD drivers work natively, meaning we don't have to use any injection at all. :)

As far as my own testing, the 7870 is working without any injection, DSDT editing, additional driver tweaks. As written in the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back