Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7970 shows as FirePro D700 in 10.9 Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys. Im my opinion Haswell are faster.

Check my numbers:

Heaven4 = 72fps
CinebenchR15= 82fps
Luxmark = 2246 (sala)
Geekbench3=19000 (4.2ghz i7 970)

It seems that only Heaven is lower...

Remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from /System/Library/Extensions...
Sorry, was this (also) in response to me saying that MacPro5,1 was crashing my system on boot?

Yes... I was answering your post and the one above yours requesting which kext to remove to prevent kernel panics when implementing macpro 5,1.

Yes... I was answering your post and the one above yours requesting which kext to remove to prevent kernel panics when implementing macpro 5,1.

Thanks. Will try shortly. But... If I remove the graphics power management kext, won't that leave the card running at max always? And is there an explanation somewhere of what AppleTyMCEDriver is and what the effect of deleting it (besides avoiding kps) will be?

Does anyone know if a FirePro D700 will work under Mavericks?

Thanks. Will try shortly. But... If I remove the graphics power management kext, won't that leave the card running at max always? And is there an explanation somewhere of what AppleTyMCEDriver is and what the effect of deleting it (besides avoiding kps) will be?

AppleTyMCEDriver is related to ECC memory on a real mac pro, and therefore has no relevance on a hackintosh. If you use 5,1 definition you must remove it otherwise it will crash your system on boot. Removing it has no effect on your system or its performance so you can safely delete it.

AppleTyMCEDriver is related to ECC memory on a real mac pro, and therefore has no relevance on a hackintosh. If you use 5,1 definition you must remove it otherwise it will crash your system on boot.

Thank you, that's both helpful and informative. Any thoughts on my question about the graphics power management kext? My concern was that removing it would leave my graphics card running at full power permanently.

7870 XT also shows up as FirePro D500, also on Cinebench R15. For some reason your 7970 seems to be running slower than 7870 XT
hey
mmaenpaa im considering upgrading my current gt 640 for 7870, does this card works OOB under mavericks?.

Hey Guys i recently bought Gigabyte Hd 7970.
i have successfully updated to 10.9.3, the only thing im missing is to get my 7970 working as D700.
and also im missing to get the 7970 waking from sleep.
i really need this for CAD software.
i i have already installed everything in the EFI partition how could i change my current system def to get the fire pro?
should i just mount EFI partition and installed it from multi beast with the EFI as installation target?
regards and thanks in advance wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back