Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7950 for Mac Pro Showcased at Cebit (Germany)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD HD 7950 for MacPro @ Cebit (germany)

Wow! Thanks for posting! First time I've seen anything official on this! Looks like the new Mac Pro will come with an optional Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Mac Edition. I guess this is the reason 10.8.3 is rumored to have 7xxx device ids :)

7950-f.jpg7950-c.jpg7950-a.jpg7950-d.jpg

Translated:
The AMD partner Sapphire ended the stagnation in the App Store: With the Radeon HD 7950 Mac Edition soon Apple users may also take advantage of the computing power of the GCN architecture, without impoverishing it. Apple itself offers its Mac Pro computer maximum for years with a Radeon HD 5870 or HD 5770 CrossFire.

Even though Apple's Mac Pro with fantastic graphics performance advertises: Both offered for sale in the Mac Pro Radeon HD 5870 and the HD 5770, more than three years under his belt. During the transition from Apple lets himself coming, jumps unexpectedly one Sapphire: At Cebit we saw the Radeon HD 7950 Mac Edition for the first time live. The upper-class graphics card based on the original HD 7950, which uses dark brown board waived a boost function and is clocked at 800 MHz (GPU). The 3 GiByte GDDR5 memory, as well as its clock of 2,500 MHz, unchanged.

[video=youtube;HQ0AlSSZGxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0AlSSZGxc[/video]

Source: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-R...on-HD-7950-Mac-Edition-auf-der-Cebit-1058864/

They look sexy! ;)

YAY - I had all but given up running ML after I upgraded to an HD7870 recently..... good news!

Hmm... I think this's only visual difference from regular Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3 GB

I really hope that this means the ASUS 7970 will get support, I have two sitting in the parts closet that i would love to put in my case and run.

One can hope right!

Well, out of the box mac compatibility obviously costs somewhere in the neighbourhood of $200, as the card is rumored to cost $450 and the regular 7850 can be found for $270 and sometimes lower.

Why do they have to cost more? Are there any advantages in using this over the regular card in a hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back