Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7670m and El Capitan (no HD4000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan, what do you think, I'd need just to copy this CLOVER folder to the flash drive in EFI and that's it? It seems to me like in that way... But if I do it like that, the progress bar isn't moving/loading with the apple logo when I start the installer :(

Using ACPI files from another computer is always a bad idea.

You should boot verbose, so you can see progress related to booting.

Well yes, I tried it and there were many failed things to load (the verbose said that) and after that appeared again the apple logo and the same again... So, would I have any use of this this CLOVER that he post to download except the ACPI files inside? I mean for instance the dsdt, aml... something like those files that I could have any use of? If there are some files that set my hd7670m to work properly, that would be great.

Well yes, I tried it and there were many failed things to load (the verbose said that) and after that appeared again the apple logo and the same again... So, would I have any use of this this CLOVER that he post to download except the ACPI files inside? I mean for instance the dsdt, aml... something like those files that I could have any use of? If there are some files that set my hd7670m to work properly, that would be great.

You might use the files for clues about what you might need to do (config.plist settings, patches you might apply to your ACPI files, etc).

Alright, thanks for the advice! I'll try to figure it out somehow.

A single Google search for "Toshiba L855 Hackintosh" would have lead you to my own page on InsanelyMac describing the process of enabling this graphics card.

Here you go:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301324-toshiba-l855-14j-108x/

p.s. even tho the tutorial is for 10.8 and it's outdated AF, the Clover configuration for the graphics is the same and I have successfully used it from 10.8 to 10.11 with no problems so far. Full QE/CI, HDMI support - no VGA unfortunately.

Good luck!

I've tried that Coolzrock, but I couldn't get it work. I don't really understand all the meanings like dsdt... and probably, because of that I missed some settings or idk. Can you explain me, to a totally newbie, the whole process how should I get it work, or maybe make a step by step video, please?

Attachments

• Patch 2.zip
    346.8 KB · Views: 93
Hi there RehabMan! I found this package from InsanelyMac from here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301324-toshiba-l855-14j-108x/
and I just want your opinion if I am correct. This package contains the config file that I would theoretically need to put in clover folder and my graphics card, etc. would work?

It looks like a config.plist for a very old version of Clover (pre-2k). And probably a similarly old version of OS X...

I would use it as clues for graphics... (PatchVBios)

Alright, but this wouldn't be enough, would it? I mean, I would also need some kexts or dsdt, wouldn't I? Found these packages. Would I need something else or these 2 zips contain all I need for graphics?

Attachments

• ConfigDSDT.zip
    96.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Graphics.zip
    95.4 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back