Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 7470 Screen Resolution Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I've gotten so far with my current Sierra install, I'll stick with that to see if I can get it 100% working. There's nothing in High Sierra that I need.

I'm going to try the method in this video to get it going:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-my-hd2500-has-some-problem.247572/#post-1710207

Hi,

have you managed to get it working?
I tried this method, but all I got was high res (1920x1080) boot screen, then garbled black& patchy login screen. Even if I entered the password (only assumed that I did it) the system started loading, but the screen has not changed, and stayed exactly the same... useless...

But! :) if you managed to get this working, please let me know.

this video was my last hope before I gave up on the HD2500. which was already declared non-functional by many before

Unfo
Hi,

have you managed to get it working?
I tried this method, but all I got was high res (1920x1080) boot screen, then garbled black& patchy login screen. Even if I entered the password (only assumed that I did it) the system started loading, but the screen has not changed, and stayed exactly the same... useless...

But! :) if you managed to get this working, please let me know.

this video was my last hope before I gave up on the HD2500. which was already declared non-functional by many before
Unfortunately, it didn't work for me either. Worse than it worked for you, even! If I don't select InjectIntel, then it will sometimes boot into 800x600 and list the video card as "Display 1MB". Presumably this is a just an unaccelerated framebuffer. I never got it fully booting with InjectIntel in about 8 tries, messing with various settings. From what I can gather, Sierra completely dropped support for the HD2500. Since I wasn't able to get an earlier version of MacOS booting at all on this Optiplex 9010 machine either, I'm kinda stuck unless I buy a known-good video card.

I might follow this trail next:
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287668-guide-intel-hd2500-full-resolution-and-qeci-1083/

Last edited:
Unfo

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me either. Worse than it worked for you, even! If I don't select InjectIntel, then it will sometimes boot into 800x600 and list the video card as "Display 1MB". Presumably this is a just an unaccelerated framebuffer. I never got it fully booting with InjectIntel in about 8 tries, messing with various settings. From what I can gather, Sierra completely dropped support for the HD2500. Since I wasn't able to get an earlier version of MacOS booting at all on this Optiplex 9010 machine either, I'm kinda stuck unless I buy a known-good video card.

I might follow this trail next:
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287668-guide-intel-hd2500-full-resolution-and-qeci-1083/
I've spent way too many time on the HD2500 already, I would advise to go for any compatible GPU, or upgrade the CPU if you are planning to hold on to the machine for the foreseeable future :)
really not worth the effort...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back