Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 6970 Working in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any further luck with the 6970? I am currently running a i7-2600k, ASUS P8H67-m EVO, and HIS HD 6970 2GB; and I am trying to decide whether to go Win7/8 or Lion for an Adobe Production Premium setup (which I've yet to purchase but must do before I graduate in August). I already have an copy of Win8 Rp on it (and an OEM copy of win7), but as a four year mac user I'd prefer OS X.

Anyone running 6970 with full support now that we have the framework extracted from rMBP? Any complications in setup you care to share solutions to?

Hi guys,

If 6970 working, does that mean 6950 also working?

Thanks

I'd say hold your horses there just a moment!

The 6970 currently only seems to work on a real mac pro.

It's not working properly on hacks yet. Cold boot bug (White screen), no login no cursor and sleep issues. Also issues getting acceleration working. It's still a w.i.p

ATM it only seems to work pn a hack with a helper gpu either onboard intel or other supported card.

That's with 10.7.4 and the MacBook 2012 patches.
It would also seem the gtx 670/680 also has a few issues too.

So I'd bear the above in mind before rushing out and buying these top end cards. As they may not/never work.

Hello,
I got my asus hd 6970 working in asus P8P67 mb with chameleon 2003 (Gibba boot option) & ATIRadeon10.7.4_Vanilla drivers + framework files (Lion version is 10.7.2)
When installing the HD 6970 in sabertooth X58 mb with same Hardrive config i get a blue screen before the login screen?
Thank you for information on this...

Would this work on 6950s flashed to 6970 Specs? In the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back