Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon HD 6970 Working in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
twiztidninja said:
dam and i enjoyed leaving smug comments when someone bought a graphics card more superior to mine and i could tell them it didnt work. :headbang:

:lol:

Hmm, weird. I installed 10.7.4 clean, threw in the following ATI drivers from MBP update; OpenCL, OpenGL, and GPUSupport frameworks in their respective folders and I got stuck on a screen with spinny thing and apple logo, however, the voiceover tutorial was playing through the speakers at the same time. I don't like GraphicsEnabler, even though that is what i used, so i am going to use ATY_Init and report back. Tell me if I missed any ATI drivers i would need, these are the ones i took:

ATI6000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATIRadeonX3000
ATIRadeonX3000GA
ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver
ATIRadeonX3000VADriver
ATISupport

*Note* This is a hackintosh

Update

1074_cayman_crash.JPG

Now i get this after installing ATY_Init :/ Im really thinking i forgot a driver now

Sorry iPhone for some reason flips the pictures when it takes them.

This is great news; unfortunately for me, this will be my first build (shipped) and first real experience with my own mac osx other than ipad... and I bought a radeon 7770 :banghead: maybe i should just use on-board graphics until the 7000 series is compatible, or will it ever be compatible? o_O

bigO_tx said:
Hmm, weird. I installed 10.7.4 clean, threw in the following ATI drivers from MBP update; OpenCL, OpenGL, and GPUSupport frameworks in their respective folders and I got stuck on a screen with spinny thing and apple logo, however, the voiceover tutorial was playing through the speakers at the same time. I don't like GraphicsEnabler, even though that is what i used, so i am going to use ATY_Init and report back. Tell me if I missed any ATI drivers i would need, these are the ones i took:

ATI6000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATIRadeonX3000
ATIRadeonX3000GA
ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver
ATIRadeonX3000VADriver
ATISupport

*Note* This is a hackintosh

Update

1074_cayman_crash.JPG

Now i get this after installing ATY_Init :/ Im really thinking i forgot a driver now

Sorry iPhone for some reason flips the pictures when it takes them.

I made this package; http://www.speedyshare.com/GeeWU/OSX-Up ... 20.pkg.zip
While I don't have a 69xx card it works beautifully on a 6870, no kernel panics, not stuck on boot.
Also includes intel + nvidia kexts, compared file by file from both the MBP update and some files posted on the netkas forums.

Here are my findings with mbp2012 drivers and frameworks on a freshly installed partition of lion 10.7.4. No matter if the drivers init the card, or i use a method of assistance, such as ATY_Init or GraphicsEnabler, I get a pesky white screen w/o cursor. Also no reports in the verbose log of anything failing to load. All of the drivers are present and loaded. I am going to try to set it up and ssh into it and get an ioreg dump and see whats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back