Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
6970.jpeg

According to netkas, the AMD Radeon HD 6970 is fully working, but needs files that are only available in the actual MacBook Pro 2012s that are shipping right now.

The graphics frameworks missing are:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework

These frameworks would need to be first extracted from the MBP, and then installed with the other files already available through the 2012 MacBook Pro Update 1.0.

So these would apparently also make HD 4000 and Kepler work as well. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

SOURCE: http://netkas.org/?p=1141

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, then I guess it's time to get myself a new graphics card. I would rather have a HD7970 or HD7950, but as far as I know there's no support for them yet. Guess it's going to be a HD6970 instead.
Thansk for the great news :)

Of COURSE IT IS, I gave up on my 6950, and just bought a GTX 480, because of lack of support...so three days later this news is BOUND to be released! JUST my LUCK! :banghead: :clap: :crazy:

So these would apparently also make HD 4000 and Kepler work as well

KEPLER which GPUs are supported 670 680 650m for 670etc need of adding device ID ?

:crazy: :beachball: :idea:

??

tombosch said:
What features are missing in the current driver/version? I use this card and it seems to run properly..

iTunes cover flow, chess, any QE/CI effects ...etc
the card does work, but will crash the system hard if you trigger any thing like that

dam and i enjoyed leaving smug comments when someone bought a graphics card more superior to mine and i could tell them it didnt work. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back