Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
twiztidninja said:
dam and i enjoyed leaving smug comments when someone bought a graphics card more superior to mine and i could tell them it didnt work. :headbang:

:lol:

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0
CPU
Core i7 950 3.06GHZ
Graphics
Sapphire AMD 7950 3GB Reference
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
tonymacx86 said:
twiztidninja said:
dam and i enjoyed leaving smug comments when someone bought a graphics card more superior to mine and i could tell them it didnt work. :headbang:

:lol:

They could just boot windows and actually make use of that GPU

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz
Graphics
ASUS GTX670-DC2T-2GD5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmm, weird. I installed 10.7.4 clean, threw in the following ATI drivers from MBP update; OpenCL, OpenGL, and GPUSupport frameworks in their respective folders and I got stuck on a screen with spinny thing and apple logo, however, the voiceover tutorial was playing through the speakers at the same time. I don't like GraphicsEnabler, even though that is what i used, so i am going to use ATY_Init and report back. Tell me if I missed any ATI drivers i would need, these are the ones i took:

ATI6000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATIRadeonX3000
ATIRadeonX3000GA
ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver
ATIRadeonX3000VADriver
ATISupport

*Note* This is a hackintosh

Update

1074_cayman_crash.JPG

Now i get this after installing ATY_Init :/ Im really thinking i forgot a driver now

Sorry iPhone for some reason flips the pictures when it takes them.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
This is great news; unfortunately for me, this will be my first build (shipped) and first real experience with my own mac osx other than ipad... and I bought a radeon 7770 :banghead: maybe i should just use on-board graphics until the 7000 series is compatible, or will it ever be compatible? o_O

Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
Asus 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
bigO_tx said:
Hmm, weird. I installed 10.7.4 clean, threw in the following ATI drivers from MBP update; OpenCL, OpenGL, and GPUSupport frameworks in their respective folders and I got stuck on a screen with spinny thing and apple logo, however, the voiceover tutorial was playing through the speakers at the same time. I don't like GraphicsEnabler, even though that is what i used, so i am going to use ATY_Init and report back. Tell me if I missed any ATI drivers i would need, these are the ones i took:

ATI6000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATIRadeonX3000
ATIRadeonX3000GA
ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver
ATIRadeonX3000VADriver
ATISupport

*Note* This is a hackintosh

Update

1074_cayman_crash.JPG

Now i get this after installing ATY_Init :/ Im really thinking i forgot a driver now

Sorry iPhone for some reason flips the pictures when it takes them.

I made this package; http://www.speedyshare.com/GeeWU/OSX-Up ... 20.pkg.zip
While I don't have a 69xx card it works beautifully on a 6870, no kernel panics, not stuck on boot.
Also includes intel + nvidia kexts, compared file by file from both the MBP update and some files posted on the netkas forums.

Here are my findings with mbp2012 drivers and frameworks on a freshly installed partition of lion 10.7.4. No matter if the drivers init the card, or i use a method of assistance, such as ATY_Init or GraphicsEnabler, I get a pesky white screen w/o cursor. Also no reports in the verbose log of anything failing to load. All of the drivers are present and loaded. I am going to try to set it up and ssh into it and get an ioreg dump and see whats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.