ASRock H97 Fatal1ty
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6770
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.

I am running 10.13.2, and i cannot seem to get rid of this issue.

7xKIU7H.png

Initially, i have installed the OSx under a Radeon R9 270x that was working just fine after the install without any additional workarounds. Meanwhile, that GPU broke, and i'm stuck using this old card until a new upgrade.

I have also tried to remove the GPU and run on the integrated card(intel HD 4600), but after getting it to run properly, i ran into the exactly same issue - it showed only having 7mb vram.

I tried alot of fixes, but none seem to work. I am using Inject ATI, and i also tried spoofing it as an 6870, as i've noticed the 6770 is not listed under compatible graphic cards, but to no success, and now i am a bit lost.

I have attached my EFI and config.plist.

I appreciate any help, thanks.

Attachments

• EFI_backup.zip
    42.6 MB · Views: 441
  • config.plist
    23.2 KB · Views: 550
Can someone give me any hint on what i might be doing wrong? I have looked on every thread that had a simialar issues ( x MB VRAM seen only) but none of the fixes work for me.

The main problem is that it also happens with the integrated gpu, which is pretty dissapointing, as i would gladly remove the gpu if it would fix the issue, just so i can use the osx.

Can someone give me any hint on what i might be doing wrong? I have looked on every thread that had a simialar issues ( x MB VRAM seen only) but none of the fixes work for me.

The main problem is that it also happens with the integrated gpu, which is pretty dissapointing, as i would gladly remove the gpu if it would fix the issue, just so i can use the osx.
Try this attached config.plist and report progress (if any) :
Remember to keep a backup of your current config.plist so that at least you can get back to where you are now if need be.

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.2 KB · Views: 710
Try this attached config.plist and report progress (if any) :
Remember to keep a backup of your current config.plist so that at least you can get back to where you are now if need be.

Hello and thanks for the time.

I changed the config with the one you provided, but it doesn't seem to work. The same issue occurs, everything else works just fine. The GPU is no longer seen as an radeon hd 6770 , but probably because you tried too spoof it as something else? It only showed as hd 6770 if i used Inject ATI in clover configurator, but it had no effect to the VRAM issue.

(the resolution is also wrong, but it's probably a related issue)

aXvsboc.png
iuwVgpk.png7e-cf3d37e5e032

The GPU is no longer seen as an radeon hd 6770 , but probably because you tried too spoof it as something else?
No.

It only showed as hd 6770 if i used Inject ATI in clover configurator, but it had no effect to the VRAM issue.
(the resolution is also wrong, but it's probably a related issue)
Make sure that the integrated graphics are disabled in your BIOS settings.

No.

Make sure that the integrated graphics are disabled in your BIOS settings.

I can only set primary graphics adapter to PCIe , which - as i read on ASRock forums, should by default disable the integrated GPU. igpu multi monitor is also disabled(this might enable igpu for its ports to work i assume)

These settings were already set, so it seems that either i'm doing something wrong, or this doesn't seem to fix the issue.

1606607116049.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any other idea, or should i just give up on getting this to work?
I've tried so many things that i really lost most of my hopes :silent:

I have 6770 but I not try to update after 10.12.3, because I can not find someone who get success on 10.12.3 ++ .
I find this page , but I not try yet. if you have any success please write a post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back