Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
AMD Radeon 6870 with After Effects cs6 dual monitors help [SOLVED]

I've been trying to get my org.chameleon.Boot.plist right to recognize both monitors with GraphicEnabler=Yes.

The settings below make my graphics card show up as 6870 (which is needed to run After Effects cs6 ) but with only 1 monitor.
Any Ideas how to get both monitors and my card recognized as 6870. I can get both monitors with GraphicEnabler=no but my card shows up as 6xxx

I've scoured the boards and tried ever frame buffer known to man. Any help is appreciated. I running Lion 10.7.4

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>AtiPort</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32@60</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

Maybe

<key>AtiPort</key>
<string>4</string>

Should be

<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

Review you have this settings:

PCI Root = 0 (or non PCI Root assigned)

ATI Config = Duckweed

Ports vary depending on the physical ports your card have, mine have 4 so I wrote 4.

tried all the above suggestions and still no luck with 2 monitors. argh!!!!

Wich ports are you using?

I failed to do dual screen with HDMI and DVI-D, I bought a DisplayPort > DVI-I and plugged my second screen in the DVI-I port and both screens works.

Must use the top DVI port and the HDMI or mini display port. Lower DVI will not work.

The settings below make my graphics card show up as 6870 (which is needed to run After Effects cs6 )

After Effects CS6 won't work. AFAIK it supports only CUDA-Framework (nvidia only) and not OpenCL. However Adobe Premiere since CS6 will use your card.

It quite easy to make it doing so. Just evoke the following command in Terminal:

Code:
sudo sh -c "echo 'ATI Radeon Barts XT Prototype' >> /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app/Contents/opencl_supported_cards.txt"

and start Adobe Premiere CS6.

... Lower DVI will not work.

It works for me ;) Just check it: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...itor-dvi-not-working-solved-8.html#post408343

shouldn't it be

<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>5</string>

as there are 5 ports on the 6870

After Effects CS6 won't work. AFAIK it supports only CUDA-Framework (nvidia only) and not OpenCL. However Adobe Premiere since CS6 will use your card.

Everything in CS6 works fine with 1 monitor. I also tried AtiPorts=5.
Gonna try it with a DVi-I splitter cable and run both monitors from 1 port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back