Contribute
Register

AMD R9 290X on Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to add that I have a Power Color R9 290 which is working without issues at boot. No screen flicker or monitor which needs to be unplugged.

I use Clover and have used the FakeId of [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]0x67B11002 for ATI and I also checked of the Inject ATI. With these two options the card did not have QE/CI and moving the mouse cursor seemed to be moving at 10fps.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]What fixed is editing both the AMD8000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext. Inside both of these kexts the Info.plist must be edited which is quite easy.

To edit I used
Code:
sudo nano [/COLOR][/FONT]/System/Library/Extensions/AMD8000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]
and [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Code:
sudo nano [/COLOR][/FONT]/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]

I added: [/FONT]
0x67B11002 in the end of the <string> below the <key>IOPCIMatch</key> in each of these kexts.

I used kext wizard to repair permissions and have restarted.

After this the card was recognized as AMD 8xxx with 4096Mb and working perfectly.

Cheers,

Raz

I had a similar issue with my r9 290x where the screen was fuzzy and I had to unplug the monitor for a second also. I was able to get it fixed by setting my monitors resolution for the clover bootloader using clover configurator.

That seemed to have some effect, but it still does it. Oh well. I wish I had a DisplayPort monitor, because I was able to test (using a DP to VGA converter) that it doesn't happen with that port.

I'm running my 290x perfectly using clover. I gave up on chameleon because you get white jibberish on black text whichever way you try and boot with it. Clover on the other hand gave me 0 issues. Card is recognised as AMD 8xxx series.

Care to share what mb, cpu, ram your using, im looking to build a new box and have a extra 290x from some bitcoin mining..

As far as clover did you do the full clover install, meaning clover Yosemite installer, then post clover installs, efi etc.. I tried unibeast and multibeast but every time I tried to book It would spit out garbage.

Care to share what mb, cpu, ram your using, im looking to build a new box and have a extra 290x from some bitcoin mining..

As far as clover did you do the full clover install, meaning clover Yosemite installer, then post clover installs, efi etc.. I tried unibeast and multibeast but every time I tried to book It would spit out garbage.

Sure things:

So I'm using:

MB: GA-Z87X-D3H
CPU: i5-4570
RAM: 16GB (2 sticks of 8Gb) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 10-10-10-27
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb
CASE: Corsair Carbide 500R
COOLER: H100
SOUND: Auidoengine DAC D1
CAM: Microsoft LifeCam 720p

My install was done via UniBeast until the post installation step 5 using this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. At this point I installed clover the way outlined in the Install Yosemite via clover starting at step 4 in the Yosemite Clover guide found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

In the bios i'm booting off PCI Express Graphics and Internal Graphics are disabled.

The bios settings are the same ones recommended in the clover install guide. Make sure you set your ram to 1600, this can be done via XMP1 or setting the RAM multiplier from 13 to 16.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Hi guys! Im planing to buy this card. You think this card can work at full resolution with a 21:9 aspect ratio monitor?

Hi guys! Im planing to buy this card. You think this card can work at full resolution with a 21:9 aspect ratio monitor?

The aspect ratio, per se, is irrelevant, but it is worth noting that probably none of us here has fully tested the HDMI 1.4 support. I do have a monitor with dual-link DVI (2560x1440) that I can test it with tomorrow. I think most 21:9 monitors provide both options (and some have a DP input also).

so I have my 290x working but 2 things seem to be causing me issues..

Screen Flicker on start up
Cant get dual monitors to work for some reason both screens go black?

I installed the system via unibeast, multibeast, moved boot loader to efi partition to avoid garbage.

(I was never able to get it to work with clover it would always boot half way)

any suggestions?

btw here is my benchmark score, I'm not sure if thats good one or bad

Attachments

• evil.jpg
    evil.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 1,629
btw here is my benchmark score, I'm not sure if thats good one or bad

It's in the right ballpark. The exact score would depend on your particular make and model and how it's clocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back