Contribute
Register

AMD R9 290X on Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD R9 390X on Yosemite

What you mean by kext failing??
I know again Stupid but hear me out The 390x was detected by default as a 8xxx card with 8912mb of vram it has flickers and lines flashing when movement on screen. i am using dvi that is all that i can have access to ! 390x msi gaming . also screen drops every 10 minutes (blackscreen) so far only solution is reboot

I know again Stupid but hear me out The 390x was detected by default as a 8xxx card with 8912mb of vram it has flickers and lines flashing when movement on screen. i am using dvi that is all that i can have access to ! 390x msi gaming . also screen drops every 10 minutes (blackscreen) so far only solution is reboot
I fixed the problem by going into el capitan beta 6 !

How does the installation of the 290x relate to the mobo and CPU. Will this card work obo with gigabyte X79 UD3 and i7 3930. I have read that not having internal graphics on my CPU could create issues with the install.

I have also read that it will work obo and that I just have to change my system to 6.1. Any insight would be great as the GTX670 is killing me with FCPX

Hi,

I am actually using a Sapphire R9 280X which runs smoothly with Chimera booting from EFI partition. A week ago I switched to Yosemite, as with my eldery mobo it's not easy to install El Capitan. Also I bought a Gigabyte R9 290 hoping, that it would also run out of the box as the 280X, but it doesn't.

I went through many threads in this and other forums and tried many suggested steps, like modifiing kexts, and found no way to make it working properly. My problem is that I am used to Chameleon/Chimera since OSX 10.6. and Clover seems too complicated to set it up.

Is there any way to achieve a full functionality of the R9 290 using Chimera? Is there a way to use the FakeId in there?

Thanks!-)

I just wanted to add that I have a Power Color R9 290 which is working without issues at boot. No screen flicker or monitor which needs to be unplugged.

I use Clover and have used the FakeId of [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]0x67B11002 for ATI and I also checked of the Inject ATI. With these two options the card did not have QE/CI and moving the mouse cursor seemed to be moving at 10fps.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]What fixed is editing both the AMD8000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext. Inside both of these kexts the Info.plist must be edited which is quite easy.

To edit I used
Code:
sudo nano [/COLOR][/FONT]/System/Library/Extensions/AMD8000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]
and [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Code:
sudo nano [/COLOR][/FONT]/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]

I added: [/FONT]
0x67B11002 in the end of the <string> below the <key>IOPCIMatch</key> in each of these kexts.

I used kext wizard to repair permissions and have restarted.

After this the card was recognized as AMD 8xxx with 4096Mb and working perfectly.

Cheers,

Raz

FCP X ONly works with AMD. Soooo I bought a Radeon R9 390X for my Gigabyte build. Planning on running El Capitan on the machine but how did you guys get it working??

FCP X ONly works with AMD. Soooo I bought a Radeon R9 390X for my Gigabyte build. Planning on running El Capitan on the machine but how did you guys get it working??

That's not true. And in fact, recent updates have the Nvidia 970/980 performing surprisingly well in FCPX.

What's true is that FCPX-- and many non-CUDA compute applications-- run particularly well on AMD GPUs.

Hmmm...must be my version of FXFactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back