i5
Graphics
R9 290
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I was just wondering if AMD R9 290X is compatible with High Sierra? All my other hardware is compatible as I tried it before on a different AMD card and it worked perfectly. But since I've upgraded to my 290X, it hasn't worked in previous versions of macOS.

Hoping someone can help :)

Hi,
I was just wondering if AMD R9 290X is compatible with High Sierra? All my other hardware is compatible as I tried it before on a different AMD card and it worked perfectly. But since I've upgraded to my 290X, it hasn't worked in previous versions of macOS.

Hoping someone can help :)
Yes, it's compatible with High Sierra. You just have to set RadeonDeinit=true in latest clover (4296+) and it will work out of the box.

Thanks for that. i managed to get through the installer, but i’m stuck at a black screen before OS startup. do i need to inject ATI/FakeID?
I didn't set ATI injection nor fakeID. Did you disable your integrated gpu? You also need to check if you have UEFI bios on your radeon, I think it won't work with legacy bios...

Last edited:
I have a UEFI bios and installed macOS in UEFI mode.

I think I could still have iGPU enabled. i’ll disable it when i’m home and report back :)

What @Pabloesc is asking you is does the graphics card have a UEFI vBIOS. To test to find out disable CSM in your UEFI/BIOS settings.

Okay, I've found another issue. When I boot up, I can only get into macOS if I have one screen plugged in. I can then plug in my other screens and they work fine.
Is there a way so I can always boot with 3 screens, as it's a bit awkward to get to my pc (under my desk)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 879
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back