Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASrock 970
CPU
i5-8700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
AMD R9 290X 4GB ASUS Ram Problem and Other Issues

Hello! I will be honest and say this is my first venture into the work of Hackintosh. So far I'm obsessed, but I cannot figure out this one. From everything I've tried, I cannot get all three display ports (X2 Dvi, 1 HDMI) to work correctly. My card is listed as a AMD R9 290 with 7mb of VRAM. I cannot figure this out. I have tried a bunch with clover configs and have installed new AMD 8000 controllers. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Here are my specs...

[email protected]
ASUS Sabertooth z87
16GB DDR3 RAM
AMD ASUS R9 290X 4GB
OSX 10.11.3

Thanks a bunch!:D

I have tried a bunch with clover configs and have installed new AMD 8000 controllers.

It's quite likely that this has destroyed the AMD drivers, this "7MB issue" usually happens whenever the drivers didn't load properly (which they should OOB with a R9 290X).
Try reinstalling the latest combo update to restore all kernel extensions to default. Then follow this guide and report back: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/183617-read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.html

I just finished, sadly no different results. Still slow, sluggish, and just duplicating my screen to my second monitor and leaving my third blank

Remove any Inject AMD, Nvidia, Intel.
It works for me!!
Here is a guide that show you how
and scroll down to Wrong/No VRAM and Dual Monitor/HDMI FIX
How to fix OS X El Captain Problems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back