Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD/Nvidia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring on Mavericks

Sorry, I don't understand...

Please say my what I should do to make:

1. GeForce Primary
2. HD4000 output HDMI audio

I have a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 (HD3000) with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 SE. I followed all the steps of the guide, but the HD3000 doesn't show up at all.

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.0) U1J BIOS (UEFI)
3.41 GHz i7
GeForce GTX 460 SE 1024 MB
HD3000 set with 512MB vram in BIOS
Mavericks 10.9.1
Chimera v2.2.1, DSDT free
Using iMac 12,2 (macmini5 caused artifacts and crashes on video playback)

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    710 bytes · Views: 167
  • Hac Pro.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 141

I'm suspecting my discrete card/internal graphics combination won't work at all, but if anybody gets Airplay fully working with a 4 series GeForce and a HD3000 let me know!

Lol, this post is pretty much nonsense. You have almost certainly disabled all acceleration on both your cards which is no solution to anything. Go back and follow the guide properly. It is not difficult to get HD3000 and discrete GPU working together. kernelcache has nothing to do with this. You would normally want IGPU set as primary in BIOS and unless you are using DSDT edits you also need GE=Yes. It seems that in current OS X versions some nvidia GPU can work with GE=No that used to require GE=Yes but then you need to inject for your IGPU. Look at how to do this in your bootloader, and again, follow the guide instead of just trying silly things.

g\

I followed all the steps of the guide, but the HD3000 doesn't show up at all.
Not true; IGPlatformID is missing. This stuff always fails when you skip steps.
Where do you expect HD3000 to show when you get it right?

From the first Post:

TextEdit/Set IGPlatformID

HD4600: 04120004
HD4000: 01620007
HD3000: Default, no edit required

is it this then?

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>Default</string>

I read "no edit required" as not needing to add IGPlatformID to org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Sorry I didn't mention this before but I had tried adding the key as shown above (and later using 10000300) and neither is working right now. Let me know what step I missed .

I read "no edit required" as not needing to add IGPlatformID to org.chameleon.Boot.plist. .
My mistake. No other ideas.

I realized that the airplay icon is there when the ssid of the D700 is set in the GPU firmware of my 7970. However, it will not display when I enable airplay. This runs on the D700 in the Mac Pro 2013, right? It has no integrated intel GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back