Contribute
Register

AMD/Nvidia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.
@toleda thanks, I tried both methods per your OP and both fail during the boot process. Black screens and a circle (star) that does not spin. Therefore unable to provide problem reporting files.

Then I did some more experimenting and tried to gain remote access but that also failed.

Then I ticked "Inject Intel" in the Clover../Graphics" section and added 0x19120001 for the ig-platform-id. ( tried others as well including your 0x19122001) making sure that the rename GFX0 > IGPU is not present in Clover../ACPI. Shut down the machine and made sure that the Nvidia GTX 970 was seen first during booting by setting the Primary Display to PCIE/PEG.
Then I also enabled IGPU in bios. (96MB and MAX)

My findings:

Airplay works without mirroring, Macx shows no acceleration. NvidiaWeb ticked in Clover.
Airplay works including mirroring, MAcX shows hardware acceleration yes but Nvidia unticked in Clover.

In other words I cannot get Airplay with mirroring working when the Nvidia webdrivers are active.

I know you want problem report files but I am using a variation of your 1st method and don't know which files you would be
interested in. In the interim system was restored to use AirParot 2 for mirroring but that obviously cannot provide hardware acceleration.
Please advise what files I must send you.

@toleda.

Using your method #1 to try and get "hardware encoding" as well as "Airplay mirroring working"

With your ig-platform-id - 0x19122001 - I cannot reach the desktop. The last readable entry on
the boot screen is "[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: Could not register with framebuffer driver!"
The boot process then gets stuck at this juncture.

Using 0x19120001 for the ig-platform-id boots to the desktop without a problem but without
"Airplay mirroring" and "hardware encoding" The Nvidia driver is loaded with both connected
monitors working.

Using 0x19120001 for the ig-platform-id with the Nvidia webdriver disabled, boots to the desktop
without a problem with only 1 monitor active but with "Airplay mirroring" as wel as "hardware encoding"
fully functional.

The Nvidia webdriver is up to date using version 378.10.10.10.25.102
The Cuda driver is up to date using version 387.99

System info:
macOS 10.13.2
Mobo GA-Z170X-UD3 revision 1.0
Bios release F23b
CPU i7600K
Nvidia GTX 970

Procedure #1 used.

Not using a patched DSDT.aml. Provided a copy of the Clover/.../patched folder instead.
Not using SSDT.aml using your, "Plugin type 1" method instead as per your SSDT-XCPM.aml.

There are no known issues with the functioning of this system, sleep, wake from sleep, bluetooth,
handoff all working like a dream, at least the way I use these features.

Problem reporting files included in the attached Archive.zip folder.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hi @toleda,

AirPlay icon does not appear. I am able to boot normally and don't notice anything different since following your guide. See notes below. Please and thank you for your assistance.

macOS Sierra running 10.12.6
GeForce GTX 960 (using dual displays)
Dell XPS 8900 computer
Processor: 4Ghz Intel Core i7 (Skylake)
Sys Def: 17,1 (iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015))
32GB RAM
  1. I used Step 1.
  2. ig-platform-id is 0x19122001.
  3. I do not have any DSDT patches applied for GFX.
    1. I am using "change _OSI to XOSI"
    2. and "Rename HDAS to HDEF" DSDT patches.
  4. SSDT BIOS is set to use "Internal Intel Graphics" instead of "Auto".
  5. SSDT-HDMI-HD530-AP.aml is installed into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
    1. Also have another file "SSDT.aml" there.
Logs (password sent via PM)

Last edited:
Typo, should be 19120001
Download latest SSDT-HDMI-HD530-AP.aml and replace previous.
Restart, reply with new files.
Amazing work! Made those two changes and AirPlay showed up upon reboot! Was able to AirPlay my screen to the TV in the living room, and the music playing from Spotify was heard on the tv, too.

Thanks so much for your help and dedication to this forum!

Apologies for the delay in replying.
My mistake, 19120001 is correct. Post #1 fixed.
For your issue, try 19120003

I tried 19120001 first - actually some time ago - and it has been working well ever since but ONLY after I removed Lilu.kext as well as NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext from my system. Both were at version 1.2.1. I reverted back to AGDPfix to patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext for the black screen issue with sysdef 17.1 The black screen fix was the only reason why I actually used Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsfixup.kext in the first place, therefore no additional problems by not using them. I also informed vit9696 over at Insanely about this.

Attached a screenshot showing that IMac X is able to use "hardware encoding on this build. Airplay is also working without stuttering. In addition I have this working on my Haswell build as well using ig-platform-id 04120004 Currently both builds have no issues whatsoever with anything, including sleep.

Thanks for your great guides and assistance.

Cheers

Attachments

• Hardware encoding.jpeg
    Hardware encoding.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 164
Attached a screenshot showing that IMac X is able to use "hardware encoding on this build.
@Henties - What did you do to get hardware encoding working?

Mine says "no" -- also a Skylake, but GTX 960.

H1ZnJUE.png

@Jedis Nothing in particular, I followed @toleda's guide and that is it. Initially it was flawed because of a typo - we are all prone to making these errors, aren't we ? - While he was enjoying his well deserved Xmas break I did some experimenting on my side and discovered that other ig-platform-id's, available via Clover Configurator, did indeed work, so I used one of them instead, even some that are used to make an onboard HD-530 video implementation, display output to monitors connected physically to it. Later on I reverted back to a connecterless ig-platform-id as I did not want to tie down resources that I was not using. I cannot offer additional assistance because I am not at all familiar with your mobo neither do I know which sysdef you are using, there are dependencies between those items that need to be considered. Ask @toleda nicely, with problem reporting files as per his OP, I am sure he will assist you.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back