Contribute
Register

AMD/Nvidia HDMI Audio [Easy Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try attached.

Still no luck. Attached again is my IOreg from this SSDT with a DP and HDMI displays connected.

Also this is the AppleHDA.kext I am using as following your instructions from the el capitan setup causes kernel panics on boot when using the x99 plist patch, it also made no sound come out following those instructions.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...mporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a-23.html#post909673

That post from boomr has an attached kext and SSDT file and installing that in SLE is how I have working audio currently.
Just in case the kext makes a difference here.

Attachments

• secondchanges.ioreg
    9 MB · Views: 240
Hi toleda,
My system looks different from the PCIExpress configuration you already have. My AMD card works perfectly with acceleration but I cannot get HDMI audio to work.

Would you be able to help me please :) ?

osxaudio.jpg

I was looking for a way to enable HDMI audio through the HDMI port of my graphics card. I followed this tutorial to but I am having issues, completed all the steps and found the correct file (ssdt_hdmi-nvidia-PEG0.zip), added to /patched folder but still not seeing any HDMI audio

OSX version 10.11
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
Processor:
Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
Graphics:
GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5

I attached my problem reporting files. Am I missing a step? Thanks.

View attachment problemreporting.zip

Hi Toleda - I have an X99 with 980Ti and trying to get cdmi audio working. I looked through this thread and copied the BR3A ssdt to the appropriate directory in Clover but not seeing the hdmi audio device under sound. I assume I need to modify the BR3A ssdt in some manner and recompile but not sure exactly how. Please see IOReg attached.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 217
See Post #1, Problem Reporting

Actually it's not a "problem". I did not even install because there is no suitable ssdt for my computer.
I use VMWare ESXi hypervisor which is compatible with OS X so i have no bootloader like Chameleon / Clover.
If you look at my screenshot you'll see that the ACPI does not use one of the standard PEG0 but :
PExx ->IOPP ->S1F0

There is a possibility to replace ACPI table with ESXi so I should be able to use a custom SSDT but I would need some explanations to create one suitable for my system.

Thanks

Toleda,

Any suggestions for the post I posted earlier? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back