Contribute
Register

AMD/Nvidia HDMI Audio [Easy Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
did not get the HDMI audio of my MSI R9 290 (non x) work
Hawaii/HDMI audio is not currently supported, see HDMI Audio AppleHDA/Post #1/Requirements/2. Graphics/2. AMD HD5xxx/HD6xxx/HD7xxx/R7-R9 2xx/R7-R9 3xx/2. AMD/TrueAudio support, 10.10.4 and newer

Not relevant
Fix the El Capitan HDMI video problem. No OS X HDMI audio until HDMI video works

Fixed. De-selecting "inject NVidia" in config.plist fixed both the video and audio issues. Thanks!

Thanks for your quick reply. I've read the requirements. The headline made me think R9 290 is supportet. I was confused regarding TrueAudio.

Ok, i got it. So sad.... :0(

Greetings
Katte

Gave this a go, didn't work.
From the scant instructions I gather you download the correct .aml file (found PEGO buried in my O/I file explorer thing) once you have drilled down through github and then rename it SSDT.2 (I think, someone posted a reply mentioning that?) and then put in the Patched folder under EFI/ACPI/...
If anyone is able to help someone who is very new to working on computers in this way it would be very much appreciated, but not expected to be honest...

someone can explain me what i have to do with my GTX 770? please;);):banghead:

It is quite a confusing/obscure "guide" but it's a very simple step once decrypted.
I have got mine closer to working (patchy sound - I think Voodoo instal is the issue, will be removing) but once I do have it solid (fingers crossed) I plan on posting a decryption of this "guide" for those folks, who like me, are far less technically savy than the people who write these things.
Turns out "view raw" actually means "download the file you want" in Github (which is another thing I hate).

It is quite a confusing/obscure "guide" but it's a very simple step once decrypted.
I have got mine closer to working (patchy sound - I think Voodoo instal is the issue, will be removing) but once I do have it solid (fingers crossed) I plan on posting a decryption of this "guide" for those folks, who like me, are far less technically savy than the people who write these things.
Turns out "view raw" actually means "download the file you want" in Github (which is another thing I hate).
I have a question. It's not really a bug report per se, because I honestly don't know what to do.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H with 2 NVIDIA GTX 680 in it.

If I try to run your new smart script, it simple says I have no NVIDIA graphics card and that's it.

So I tried to use the manual guide, which led me here:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_amd-nvidia/tree/master/ssdt_hdmi-nvidia

I am given 4 choices:
NPE3
P0P1
P0P2
PEG0

Following the instructions embedded into any of these files leads me to IORegistryExplorer, where I find this:
http://i.imgur.com/nMpR6Y6.png

You'll notice P0P2 is there and, indeed, if I install the P0P2 version, HDMI and DisplayPort audio works just fine on the ASUS ROG PG27AQ I've got here - but only on one of that cards!

However, this card is poorly cooled, and therefore gets noisy. I'd much prefer to use the other card. However, this card uses P0PA. Do you simply not support this yet or is it named something else?

Thanks in advance.

That said, you did get DisplayPort audio to work on my system, which is an impressive feat. Thank you very much for that, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back