Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Great, thanks! Definitely the way I'll go. Just need to find the time to do a completely clean install of Mojave. Also need to decide on Clover vs OpenCore!
If you have the time OC is not so hard if you use a few tools.
1. ProperTree (there is a script to build it so you can put it in the desktop).

2. OC Configurator app. I use only to configure serial, UUID etc.

3. OC “Sanity Checker”. It will list what’s wrong or right in your config plist.

I open the config plist with ProperTree then open the sanity checker (internet required) and check it side by side and make the changes suggested. Place the proper ACPI files (SSDT-EC.aml) etc.. and Kexts then go to top tool bar and use OC Snapshot. It will set everything properly in the config automatically. Then open with OC Configurator (Mount EFI) and set serials etc. Use a USB to test if it boots well transfer to disk EFI.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Z270 Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks! Great tips. I'll definitely look into it some more.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Pro
This refurb Rx 590 Sapphire Nitro+ seems like a good deal on new egg. I am running Mojave 10.14.6. From what I read, this should work with Mojave and be compatible for Catalina when I upgrade?

What do you think about refurb graphics cards? Safe bet, or bad idea? Should I just stick with the Sapphire Pulse Rx580 and play it safe for the same $$$?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
This refurb Rx 590 Sapphire Nitro+ seems like a good deal on new egg. I am running Mojave 10.14.6. From what I read, this should work with Mojave and be compatible for Catalina when I upgrade?

What do you think about refurb graphics cards? Safe bet, or bad idea? Should I just stick with the Sapphire Pulse Rx580 and play it safe for the same $$$?

Looks good. It is the Special Edition, so it has RGB fans and looks great!