Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
HI friends
I am looking for an NEW AMD GPU that wok natively in 10.11.3(OOB) only with one display. i am looking for AMD because FCPX perform better in AMD system

Unless you can get one of the last Tahiti-cards (R9 280[X]), there's no "100% OOB" supported AMD card at the moment. Hawaii and Tonga have some bugs and Fiji doesn't have any drivers. Have a look here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/171291-radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.html

In short:
- Tonga (R9 380, 380X): Will boot to black screen in El Capitan unless you choose iGPU=Primary. This might make OpenCL acceleration in FCPX more difficult though
- Hawaii (R9 390[X]): Some work fine, some have serious bugs (black screen, flickering, crashes), so we don't recommend them.
- All recent Radeon cards: Sleep is broken in El Capitan unless you set iGPU=Primary, which, again, might make OpenCL acceleration difficult. Not an issue if you don't need sleep.

Fl0rian,
First of all, I want to thank you on your great effort in order to share information about compatibility of ATI GPU and OS X.

Which exact model, brand (7950/R9 280) certainly works with El Capitan OOB? Which model you can with safety to recommend?

thanks Florin your information

Hi Florian ,
I have a Sapphire 7950 dual x , and I see you have a Sapphire 280 Vapor X which I find very similar as layout design and model. I am using 10.10.5 with latest Clover on a Z77-D3SH v1.1 and i7 3770. I can boot without problem with my 650 Ti boost and igpu, but every time I put my 7950, I get a flash and reboots at IOBluetoothHCIController with is graphics related. I've tried all possible combinations and personalities I can't pass that flash.Card is recognized in Clover as 7950/280. I've tried on a fresh install of 10.10 and the same so I think is a BIOS trick or is something I'm missing. Can you help me please? I've checked all tutorials but still no luck. I've attached my config I've tried so far.

Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 216
I always disable the igpu:( If my layout doesn't match the reference card, should boot but have no display right? Also my card has a button for dual bios. Does it matter if it's on or off? Thank you for your fast response.

[SUB]I've tried.Dual bios is for overclocking , one is stock at 925 and other unlocked.Yes, i'm using [/SUB]InjectAti=False .:| i have attached my config up.

Maybe in bios i'm missing something.
Sata mode - AHCI
internal graphics - Disabled
init display first - peg/pci/auto i've tried all.
os type - other os
boot mode selection- uefi only
storage boot option control - uefi first
beside these settings it's other that i don't know?
Can i take a look at you config maybe i'm missing something.Really appreciate this!Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back