Contribute
Register

AMD Fury X public beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why you needed to show hidden files. The kexts in System/Library/Extensions are not hidden files. If you changed some files that are normally hidden, you might have to reinstall, or recover from a backup.

Where do you get in your boot process?

Not sure why you needed to show hidden files. The kexts in System/Library/Extensions are not hidden files. If you changed some files that are normally hidden, you might have to reinstall, or recover from a backup.

Where do you get in your boot process?

The boot got all the way to the apple logo but the bar just stop about half way. I have another drive with a fresh install and I should be able to see where I went wrong there.

You can download the kext utility from this website.

I used kextbeast and that got me to boot but then black screen. I feel i am getting closer and I even copied everything on the kext files from your images you posted. I think because it is a Pro Duo there might need to be something else I am missing.

You may be the only one out there trying to get a Pro Duo working. I don't know if anyone ever had success with the earlier AMD 7990 card. Can you boot with the onboard graphics? Get that working and see how your Pro Duo is recognized in System Report.

You may be the only one out there trying to get a Pro Duo working. I don't know if anyone ever had success with the earlier AMD 7990 card. Can you boot with the onboard graphics? Get that working and see how your Pro Duo is recognized in System Report.

I have a 7870 working and the pro duo is working as a basic monitor and the computer sees it as a card, I think I can get it to work. And i believe you are right with me being one of the only people trying a pro duo. It was a gift and I want it to work.

Also the pro duo is seen as two amd radion XXX

Last edited:
Right now I am using my 7870 to boot and see if I can get the Pro Duo to be used as a graphics accelerator more than anything but when i tried it tonight, my computer was frozen at the apple logo. I will try a fresh reboot. I want to make sure I am getting the right kext, I can still only find them in hidden files which i know you said is the wrong location. The only system folder I can find is hidden. Should there be another system folder that is not hidden?

If you have found the AMDRadeonX4100.kext and the AMD9000Controller.kext, you are in the right place. You might consider removing the 7870 and try booting from the integrated graphics. Make sure you have your BIOS set to make the integrated graphics primary and set Clover to inject ATI and Intel. Once you have booted with the integrated graphics, see what system report tells you about the Pro Duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back