Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
CPU
Ryzen 5 5600X
Graphics
RX 6800
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here we have the AMD OpenCore kernel patches for macOS Big Sur. These patches will boot macOS versions 10.13.x, 10.14.x, 10.15.x and 10.16.x (11.0.x)

We've stated these as Experimental as they could break between beta updates of macOS. Currently though they have worked since Public Beta 1.

Patches are no longer experimental.

Enjoy

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 21.58.22.png

Last edited:
"Native AMD macOS via Clover & OpenCore"
Does these patches support Clover?
Well now Clover Core is made with OpenCore, There could be a possibility?

Hey,
I'm currently hesitate buying last Matebook ryzen 5 4600H or new MBA M1. Delta is 350€ :-/.
The choice of ryzen is determinated by running MacOS with OpenCore and keeping native Windows 10 possibility.

Do you thing it is already OK to have a try or it needs to wait more future OC release to be useable ?

Btw, thanks for your work.

NB: I currently use OC63 on my main desktop (old i7-4790K) and old MP5.1...

"Native AMD macOS via Clover & OpenCore"
Does these patches support Clover?
Well now Clover Core is made with OpenCore, There could be a possibility?
I have tried the patches with Clover and while I can install Big Sur just fine it will not boot into Finder; Keeps spamming "Too many corpses!" to infinity during startup right before the boot reaches the desktop. Eventually I gave up (last week) and switched to OC.

This are good news.
I want to upgrade from i9-9900K and Radeon 64 LC to Ryzen R9 5950X, Radeon 6900 XT, AORUS B550 Master and 64 GB.

OpenCore is much better than Clover. I can recommend changing to it.

This are good news.
I want to upgrade from i9-9900K and Radeon 64 LC to Ryzen R9 5950X, Radeon 6900 XT, AORUS B550 Master and 64 GB.
That would be Mac Pro in action, if you had thunderbolt, bluetooth and wifi, with all the apple services. More cores than most of us.

Here we have the AMD OpenCore kernel patches for macOS Big Sur. These patches will boot macOS versions 10.13.x, 10.14.x, 10.15.x and 10.16.x (11.0.x)

We've stated these as Experimental as they could break between beta updates of macOS. Currently though they have worked since Public Beta 1.

Patches are no longer experimental.

Enjoy

View attachment 487522
Regards. Could you tell me what steps you followed to customize the cpu name and mac model? Grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back