Contribute
Register

AMD/ATI 7xxx and "Rxxx" with Mavericks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can try to install Chameleon Wizard to repair the bootloader (select the option according to your config i.e. dual boot, etc). I had the Boot0:Done error but it works with Chameleon :)

shlag,

Do I just select the boot0hfs option from the install section of Chameleon Wizard to do what you are talking about? I only have OS X, no other OSes. Thanks

spence

My His HD 7950 Boost starts and is used by games and benchmarks.

Issues :
- From time to time the display connected to the GPU (I have a display connected to the HD4K), doesn't turn on, a reboot fixes that (I believe the issue appears if the display is asleep).
- The GPU is shown as 7xxx
- In Mavericks some graphical artefacts appears on the GPU display using Safari (typically when a page as a picture slideshow)
The artefacts seem due to the previous images remaining in cache, and the card having difficulty choosing which to show (it looks like a flickering between the 2)

At least I do not need rotation tricks or anything.

I'm trying to solve those issues with the new org.chameleon.Boot.plist commands to no avail.

What about AMD/ATI R9 2xx series?
Would this one be compatible with Maverick: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FONITA6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thx in advance.

I have the same card and it does work OOB . . .
I did however, install chimera to my EFI partition as per instructions on the home page here.
I also used the following flags in boot.plist
GraphicsEnabler=No
AtiPorts=4

Anyway, with this, it just boots up in native resolution and without any "tricks"
Hope that helps
Fish

Just bought a ATI 270 (like the 270x, same 7xxx GPU but with less mhz) and I'm having similar problems to those described here. When I boot with lastest Chimera (2.2.1) I get "Boot0: Done" and then a few lines of seemingly random gibberish characters.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Just wondering if the people still having hassles with 7xxx cards are installing Chimera to their main boot volume or to EFI partition?
Installing bootloader to EFI seems to be the best way with these cards

"
This method solves 2 current issues:

• Legacy boot with AMD Radeon HD 7xxx and and Rx-200 graphics cards.
    • Allows full usage of Chimera/Chameleon to boot without use of integrated graphics. For details on the issue, see here."

I kind of hate to ask this but here goes:

Since the new Mac Pro has dual AMD FirePro D300 / dual AMD FirePro D700 as standard options is it then possible to have dual AMD video cards, like dual HD 7970 cards in Crossfire mode,....???

Hi Guys, my Mavericks can boot and works fine with a 7950 and 2 monitors, but as soon as I plug in the third it freezes at the Apple logo boot screen. Any ideas on how to fix? Would "AtiPorts=4" fix the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back